Deliberations, Preparations, and The Beginnings of Love

Izuku's POV

I grumbled as I tried to fix my tie for the 9th time in a row.

'This is why I never wear these things...' I muttered as I rewound the YouTube video on how to tie a Windsor knot, 'They're too complicated...'

A laugh came from the doorway, making me jump, "You never were good at that, dear" Mom said, with a smile, as she walked over, took the tie from me, and started tying it, "Neither was your father... He still has trouble with it" She said, smiling.

I laugh softly, "Yeah, but I don't think he ever did a press conference when he was still in high school, Mom"

She sighed, making the final tug, and stepped back, taking my face in her hands, "What happened to the cute little boy who would help me in the kitchen..?" She muttered, eyes searching my face.

I huffed, covering her hand with mine, "He grew up... With the most amazing family looking out for him, He became a better hero because of them." I said, with a smile. Mom smiled and kissed my cheek.

A knock came from the open doorway, Haruto looking uncomfortable in his suit, "Izuku, it's time." He said.

I nodded, kissing Mom on her cheek. I made my way to the door and Haruto and I started making our way to the pre-meeting area, "Are you nervous?" Haruto asked.

"Dreadfully... But, I know what questions will be asked, and I know the answers that I will give. That should count for something, right?" I said, playfully. Haruto chuckled lightly, laying an arm around my shoulder.

We stepped outside, making our way to a tent that was set up right next to the stage out front of UA, "Ah! Haruto! You did find him, good." Nedzu said a sharp grin on his face. He was wearing a crisp black suit, with a UA pin on his lapel, his black shoes shining even in the tent, "Now that everyone is here, please, grab a mask!"

"I know that Izuku keeps his identity a secret because he wants to..." Gentaro-kun said, as he picked up a 'Fourze' mask, basically a black face mask with his helmet logo on the front, "But, why do we?"

"Because... When I came here originally, there already was an Eiji Hino in this universe. Thankfully, he had passed away before I had arrived, so I was able to, with help from the Commission, assume his life. We don't know if it's the same for you, and since this is going to be publicized, We don't want to give anyone of your potential dopple-gangers a potential heart attack" Grandpa said, as he grabbed the second OOO's mask. I picked up my riding helmet, and fit it securely on my face.

Soon, we were standing near the entrance of the tent, waiting for Nedzu to call us up, "And without further ado, Let's call up the main reason I called this press conference. Kamen Riders!" Nedzu announced, making the reporters stand up, shouting questions.

I nodded to the others, and made my way out, knowing to sit right next to Nedzu. I looked at the crowd, momentarily wincing at the flashing cameras, but as I looked through the crowd, I saw Mom standing with Aizawa. As if she knew I was looking at her, she smiled, before exaggerating a breath. Aizawa noticed as well, and a small smile appeared on his face before it was wiped away, and he nodded slightly. I nodded back, just as much, as I sat down.

Grandpa sat next to me, on my right, with Date-senpai, Goto-san, Phillip-san, Shotoro-san, and Shinnosuke-san taking the rest of the table. Tsukasa, Ryotaro-san, Kazuraba-san, Terui-san, Haruto, Gentaro, Geiz, and Sougo took the rest of the seats on the other side of Nedzu.

"Please, settle down, and we will take your questions one at a time!" Nedzu said, raising his arms. After a minute or two, the reporters had calmed down enough to sit, but everyone's hands were still raised, wanting to ask their dying questions.