|39|

Hope you all enjoy the chapter !

Target- 45+ votes , 8+comments

-x-x-x-x-x-

    Light but persistent , the steady drizzle that poured relentlessly outside the palace since the morning carried on until the afternoon , half-heartedly as the entirety of the palace .

"You play beautifully."

The voice tranquil , calm as the still water of the ocean , cut through the soothing music and the sound of rain pattering on the ground . The voice came from near yet it still felt far too away , seeming like a hushed whisper when it was far from that . The words sweeter than honey , however the owner's voice seemed dead calm , yet it still remained soothing .

Pupils blown over gold irises , Ezekiel rose from his seat and took a break from playing the piano , the soothing music now stopped , he turned to find azure eyes staring at him , her face calm and in resting position, she remained wordless as she looked at him , however her eyes spoke a language that he oh so wished to learn .

The woman in front of him was a vision , not in the way that poets would write about it for eternity , but rather a sight that would leave you intrigued by simply stealing a glance , a sight that would haunt your dreams for the rest of your days .

The sound of rain , a stark contrast to the warm and lively music he played . The gloominess outside the palace walls nowhere to be found in the room .

"Blessings upon the first star of the empire." Ezekiel greeted , bowing to show his respect for the red headed princess .
"Please , rise." Her voice and mannerisms similar to the man in front of her . They were both aloof and different in crowds , but popular in their own accord and had an aura that no one could ignore , stealing the spotlight in any event they attended .

"You wished to meet me ?" She asked . He looked towards her , recollecting the previous night , where he had taken a risk , that might end up in him losing everything. But he was quite confident for one who seemed quiet , but Aina knew that he wasn't shy or awkward he was simply observant , and that made her all the more interested in him .

"Yes , your highness . I have something to discuss."  He replied , hiding the uncertainty in his voice , but rather than hiding cowardly , he chose to meet the princess and stand tall .

"Well , I'm ready to listen . Please sit , I'll call for some refreshments ." Aina added , as she gestured towards the couches for Ezekiel to sit , and as if on cue a maid walked in with a tray full of tea and pastries that all looked delectable.
Aina signalled for the maid to leave with her hand and turned her focus to Ezekiel.

"Does Duke Alpheus know of your visit ?" She questioned again , her face blank the facade never once leaving her . It intrigued Ezekiel all the more , the way she hid her true self , the way she seemed too easy to manipulate but was a calculative and observant person who always had a card up her sleeve . He wanted to discover , he wanted to find who the real Aina was , and how she actually was after the walls she built around herself would be gone .

"He does , Presuming I'm the Duke." His words made her face contort with confusion , but once again she covered her emotions and put forth a blank expression .
Just as she was about question him on what exactly he meant by his words , did he overtake his father ? , or what not , questions rang in her head .

"Your highness ! The palace has been ambushed !" Felix exclaimed as he entered the room , slamming the door open , far too concerned about the attackers to care about his manners .
"What ?" Aina asked , getting up and walking towards Felix . "What do you mean?" She added , as Ezekiel followed in pursuit also getting up  , both of their faces etched with worry as they stared at the knight for an answer .