|03|

The above picture is how Aina looks as a child . Ignore the green hair strands , she has pure red hair and a slightly pale blue jewelled eyes .

Aina POV

Today was the day of the massacre. The massacre took place as it happened in the novel . Everything happened the same , except this time my mother and I were alive . Claude didn't kill us , I was surprised to know that he wasn't planning on even coming to the empress's palace . As I had already planned an escape plan . I was about to turn 5 in a week .  My mother's health had gotten much better , the doctor said that she would be perfectly fine , in time for my birthday.

I was in the kitchen of the palace , I was going to my room when I saw Aisha frantically running around looking for something.

"What happened Aisha ?" I asked her as I was confused .

"P-princess, her imperial majesty is - " she was cut off by Calcion as he came running , with sweat falling down from his face , he was huffing and puffing , as he ran straight from where ever he was .

"PRINCESS , THE EMPRESS IS WITH THE EMPEROR, YOU NEED TO COME QUICKLY " Calcion worriedly told them .

"CALCION , calm down what happened to my mother ?" She asked him , she herself was scared , but she put up a strong face .

"Princess , the empress is in the emperor's presence, I don't think anything good is going to happen we should hurry there ."  Calcion answered, as soon as i heard that , a switch inside me flipped . My eyes widened at the thought of my mother dying . I started running as fast as I could .

I could hear Calcion and Aisha running behind . There was never a moment when I was glad the main palace was near , until now .

I could hear my heart beating so hard , trying to make it in time . ' Felix is with Claude , he wouldn't let my mom die . But my mom did die mysteriously in the novel . No, no she died due to her sickness not due to Claude '  I tried to reassure herself . I entered the palace , as I continued running , i knew where Claude would be . I ran straight for the throne , I was starting to get tired . My  body was that of a toddler, so i didn't have that much stamina . I could feel her legs burning as I  ran , but I  didn't care , all that mattered to me was mom .

I soon reached the throne room , I stopped and started panting , I wanted to run but couldn't I was at my limit . I could hear some noises .

"Claude you aren't in your right mind !" I heard a female voice shout , who i recognised to be  mother .

"You wench , how dare you touch me . There will never be a day that I will love you " I  heard a cold voice say . It was Claude .  I then heard a thud .

I suddenly got an adrenaline rush, and felt that something bad was about to happen .

I pushed open the doors to the throne room as I ran inside . I saw my mom on the floor with her head turned to the right as tears flowed down her face .

"MOM! " I screamed as I ran towards her , when I saw Claude pull out his bloody sword .

He was going to cut her neck , I ran .

*splash*

I was too late . It can't be , I couldn't save her , I failed everything.  He c-cut her neck , I couldn't believe my eyes , I didn't want to believe them .

"N-No Way MOM ! WAKE UP ! MOM THIS ISN'T TIME FOR JOKES !!" I screamed as I held her lifeless body in my arms . She can't be dead , no way , no way . We were supposed to travel the world together , how am I going to do that now . 'Mom , mom please forgive me for being so incompetent, for not saving you ' I repeated to myself .

"Let us leave now felix , there are pests here " I heard that killer say , I wanted to tear him to shreds , I wanted him to suffer , repent for what he did .I wanted to kill him . I will make him pay for everything.
"Just you wait claude , I will make you suffer " I growled . I meant every word I said .

This day would be marked as a joyous occasion in the future as Athanasia was born today , but it will soon turn into a day that is gloomy and dark . Today will be marked as the death of the tyrant emperor Claude.

...
How was this chapter ?
I personally loved writing it . How about you all ?
Also I absolutely despise Claude , so there will be a lot of Claude slander , so do not read the story if you don't like that .