|31|

An Early Update for you all !

Hope you all enjoy the chapter !

-x-x-x-x-x-x-

A servant entered the room with a letter in his hand , Aina motioned for him to give the letter to her , while Lucas stood to the side , watching Aina .

"Who is it from ?" Lucas asked after the servant had left , staring intently at her , waiting for an answer .

Her eyes widened slightly when she read who had sent her the letter , she quickly opened the aristocratic seal , and read the letter . It was from the Northern Duke , he was to be arriving in two weeks . But the letter itself must have taken at least four days to be delivered to the capital , meaning the Duke would be coming in time of just ten days .

"I'll meet you later "Aina called out to Lucas, as she made haste and left her study , to prepare for the Duke's arrival . She quickly exited the study and looked around , until her eyes finally stopped on a knight .

Lucas thought about reaching out to her , but didn't seeing as to how she quickly ran out of her room . He transported to his tower , he had plans to go and visit the world tree soon .

"Carter ! Call Calcion for me , quickly ." She told the knight , as he bowed and immediately went to call Calcion .

She felt bad for not telling Lucas anything , as they had formed a friendship of some kind over the days . But she couldn't take the chance , if the news that Izek (the Northern Duke , if any of you have forgotten) was coming to capital was known by someone else , it would be a very difficult situation. And Lucas might've told Athy , and according to Aina's knowledge, Lucas met with Athy quite frequently in the original manwha , and Athy could tell Claude . Aina would do anything to make sure Claude does not find out .

She saw Calcion coming towards , but Carter was nowhere to be found . She looked at Cal with confusion , and he explained that Carter had been asked for some help in the kitchen to bring the heavy stuff.

"Cal , your father's coming in 10 days " she told him , his eyes widened at the news , as his father rarely ever came to the capital , since he wasn't quite fond of nobles pestering him .

"Seriously?" He questioned , still not believing her words , as it was his father they were talking about , and he knew his father pretty well .

"Yeah , he gave no reason , but he's coming " Aina replied . She looked stressed just by the thought of it . If Izek had only told her it meant that it was regarding him choosing her for the throne . He had told her to prove herself , so this would be her first and only chance to get his full support. She couldn't bear to lose his support , cause if she had his support the other nobles would also be inclined towards her , as Izek had the most power out of all the nobles .

"We'll need to make preparations then , we can't waste anytime " Calcion told her .

"Yeah , I'll start making the arrangements for your father's arrival" Aina told him , as she started thinking about everything she'll have to do . She sighed as she rubbed her forehead .

"I'll leave you to it , your highness " He told her with a smile .

"You don't have to call me 'your highness' " She answered , with a small smile of her own .  She had grown quite close to Calcion , as he was her guardian knight since the beginning.

"Alright , your highness " He cheekily said , having fun in irritating her . She just shook her head at his antics , and turned around and left to find Lucy , so that the preparations could be started .

————

Athanasia paced around in her room , stressed , as she bit her lower lip , thinking all the worst possibilities. She was hosting a tea party in mere three days , she had sent the invitations quite late , but no one had responded to them yet .

Just as she was about fall back on her bed , Lily entered her room . Athanasia quickly looked towards Lily and questioned what happened , as Lily had come in a quite speed .

"Princess , there are multiple letters for you " Lily replied , trying to catch her breath , she had come fast , as she knew how much Athy was dreading that maybe no one would come to her party .

Athy quickly took the letters from Lily , and started opened them . They were all reply letters to her invitation. Almost everyone would be in attendance, except a select few who unfortunately would not be in the capital at that time .

Athy felt relieved to say the least m she was calm now , she had been worried that she wouldn't fit into society, and that the people might not like her , but thankfully people had no such problem with her .

In the rush of preparations of her party that she was hosting she had long forgotten that her sister knew the name she had in her past life .

————

Claude sighed in annoyance at the pile of paperwork present on hai desk . He had absolutely no desire of doing the paperwork, but as the emperor he had to do it .

But also as the emperor, he could make someone else do the work for him .

He immediately got up from his chair , and walked around to his desk to the door , and opened it . His eyes finally found the person he was looking for .

"Felix ! Come here " he ordered his guardian knight who happened to be just a simple passerby at the current moment .

"Yes , your majesty ?" Felix questioned as he made his towards Claude .

"Finish the paperwork on my desk " Claude ordered .

Before Felix had a chance to respond , Claude was already gone . Felix sighed as he gave up , his shoulders slumped as he entered Claude's study . He had been ordered to do paperwork multiple times before , so it wasn't a new thing to him , but he was never delighted to do it .

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Vote and Comment !

How was the chapter ? Do comment and tell me