|02|

The picture above is Aina's mother , iris .
( credit to the artist )
Aina POV

I was no longer Kang Ji Won , but Aina de alger obelia . I soon learned that my father was Claude not anastacius
and my mother was Iris de veradona , she was the second daughter of the imperial family of veradona .

My Mother was an amazing woman , she treated me with such kindness and love . I just turned a year old today . Claude only came to visit us once in this entire period . I can't believe my mother loves someone like Claude . According to me she seriously deserves better . My mother did meet with Claude more than me , for meetings and all , but she never met him just to talk with him or anything.

I learned that I could talk ever since I was six months old , but I didn't want to scare my mother by talking months before I'm supposed to . So I said my first word when I was 8 months old almost 9 months old . Obviously it was 'mama'
mom was overjoyed when she heard me .
My nanny was Aisha , she's a sweet lady . Mom and I both like her , she's like a part of our family .

I looked like a perfect mix of Claude and my mom . I had mom's red hair  and the imperial family's mark , blue jewelled eyes . My feature's were a mix of both . Tho I would prefer to look like a carbon copy of my mom , as she was a truly beautiful woman.

My name meant forever , it didn't exactly mean immorality but it still was a name befitting of a ruler , but I doubt Claude would make me the crown princess . He was yet to meet Diana . I wonder what he will do to mom and I when he meets Diana , cause in the novel it was written that he was bewitched by her beauty at first glance . Will he try to kill us as soon as he returns or give the order to someone else to dispose off of us ?

My only plan , is to help my mom and I to escape this horrid place , my mom is way too kind to be killed by a crude person like Claude .
I will definitely help her live , for she is my sun , my warmth .

Time skip 3 years later

I was now 4 years old , my birthday was just A few months ago . My mom's health was deteriorating, but the royal physicians said that it isn't serious and she will be able to recover .
During these years Claude never batted an eye towards us . While I was glad about that , my mother was sad as she truly loved that dirtbag , I don't what she saw in him, maybe his face as that is the only good thing about him . But who am I to say such things , I just want her to live happily.

( A/N :Am I the only one who hates Claude ?)

Also Claude surprisingly gave me my own imperial guard , his name was Calcion , he was very young though .

Claude had met Diana a year ago . I saw her a few times when I was on walks with my mother , Diana was wandering around and sometimes stumbled across the empress's palace .
Whenever Diana tried to talk with me , I always glared at her . I know that she is a kind woman , but I can't forgive her . She is the reason my mother will die . Even now , before Claude used to pay attention to her and sometimes came to meet mom , but after Diana came everything stopped . Mom was heartbroken . I know Diana did nothing wrong , but I can't forgive her , never . Mom ,iris , was the first mother figure I ever had . Even in my last life I didn't have anyone like her . She is the first person I have ever received motherly love from .

According to the novel timeline , Diana will get pregnant in  April . It's currently February , I will turn 5 this year .
My birthday is 10th December , so Athanasia will also be born in December .
That is when the massacre will take place , after Diana dies during childbirth. I don't exactly feel anything about Diana dying .

It was always quite clear that she will die , if gives birth to an obelian royal . After all , she is just a commoner , her body isn't meant to handle such pregnancy. As an obelian royal has a lot of mana , that no commoner could ever fathom .

There isn't anything that can stop her from dying , unless she aborts but she is quite the stubborn woman as abortion is out the window . Her death is set in stone , it is her fate . She cannot change it , it is set in stone , if she wants to give birth .

I just pray that Claude won't kill mom after Diana's death . I hope I can escape with mom soon .

I didn't really had anything to do in the palace , I would stay by mother's side the whole day . She would knit me sweaters or blankets . I even knitted a blanket together with her , I didn't exactly do much knitting, but it's the thought that matters . I would read books while laying down in her lap as mom played with my hair . My hair were growing long , I wanted them to be as long as mom's.  Our hair were identical. As I was growing I started to resemble Claude more and more , I hated that fact . As I still looked like a minute version of my mom , but I was starting to look like that jerk face .

...
I  hope you all enjoyed !!
Words : 971
I'll post the next part in a few hours .