|20|

Third person PoV

The odd pair , a princess and a magician, were now both back in the ballroom. Finally after bickering for quite a long time , they both went each their own way to the ballroom.

She sighed as she looked around , with nothing to do . She was bored and did not have the energy to talk to someone right now .

Her eyes raked all over the room , unknowingly, searching for someone . Her eyes finally settled on the sight of a man in a black suit looking dashing, his Ruby eyes shining as he leaned against the pillar in the opposite corner of the room to her .

She didn't know why but she felt amused ? She didn't know what to call such a feeling , she decided to settle on amusement for now .

She decided to look at decor , to make time move faster . She was glad that the decorations were minimal , but still felt extravagant, most importantly that they had not used roses , she absolutely despised that flower .

Even currently, the duke's mansion did not have a lot of roses . She made sure that the area she was staying in was completely devoid of roses .

She sighed in boredom , she didn't have anything to do . She then looked around and noticed , a lot of people were pairing up , she then realised that slow dancing was about to start .

She didn't have anyone to dance with so this really didn't matter to her .

"Princess , may I have a dance ?"

As she heard that voice , she snapped out of her thoughts . She turned around and saw him with his hand held out towards her .

"Quite the gentleman now , are we ?" She playfully asked him , as he smirked at her in response .

She never thought he would be the one to ask her for a dance . But who cares it's not like they'll be in a relationship in the future , after all he's supposed to end up with her sister .

"Sure" she said as she placed her hand in his . He brought her hand up , as he placed a feathery kiss on it .

(I'm so sorry , I have no idea what I'm writing anymore , this is so funny 😂)

She felt her face heating up at the small action . She didn't know why she felt like this , but neither did she want to pull her hand away .

The other couples had already started dancing , they both walked towards the dance floor . As they bowed to each other , they soon started dancing .

They looked like a perfect match for each other , but if anyone of them both heard this they would surely deny it .

A lot of the others had stopped just to look at them , they danced gracefully as they  moved in such rhythm , that would at least take years to practice.

Soon , the dance ended , as they bowed to each other as a sign of respect and went their own way . There were still eyes on them , even though they had separated.

The ball was about to end soon , and she was bored she couldn't even go to a balcony as most of them were occupied, by couples , or by people who simply wanted some fresh air .

She decided to go the garden , she knew it would be empty, since it was currently one of the coldest months . She was correct she was the lone soul out there .

She sighed in content , she liked being alone in open places , it made her feel free . And made her forget all stressful and negative thoughts from her mind .

She was there for around 15 minutes when she suddenly felt someone's presence. She quickly looked around, trying to find the person .

But couldn't see anyone , though she knew that the person was still there , somewhere lurking in the shadows . In the corner of her eye she saw the outline of a shadow .

She quickly turned around and saw a man dressed in all black . He wasn't in the ballroom before , she knew that , she had never felt his presence  before .

"Who are you ?" She asked , her voice calm and loud . She wasn't startled at his sudden appearance.

"You needn't worry about such useless things " the man said , his voice was deep and somehow wavering. It could only mean one thing that it wasn't his real voice .

"Then what should I worry about ?" She asked , curious and intrigued by the man .

"You'll find out very soon "he said as he smirked at her , and vanished away .

She wasn't able to recognise him , his appearance was doing amazing at hiding  his identity. The only thing which was visible to her was the outline of his body .

...

How was the chapter ? Comment below

I hope you all liked it .