Chaptet 12

No Ones POV
             "Sorry about earlier," Y/N whispered to Zuko that night as they were getting settled on Appas legs, "I should know better by now than to get jealous."
             "It's okay. I shouldn't have snapped at you. You know I love you, right? That'll never change," Zuko said.
             "I know, of course I know. I'll always love you too," she nuzzled into his chest, but Zuko couldn't relax with the thoughts spinning though his head.
              "Is something wrong?" Y/N asked, to his shame.
              Zuko winced, "If we find Uncle in Ba Sing Se...I don't know if I'll be able to face him."
              There was still the nagging thought that she may call him stupid, but she snuggled closer, "He'll be happy to know all that you've done since you last saw him. Maybe he's still upset with you, but he'll forgive you, I know it. And he'll be proud of you."
              Zuko trembled at the thought and clung to her tighter to drive it away as if it were just the cold, "I don't know, Y/N. What if...?"
              "Shh, it'll be okay no matter what,"
              "There's more..." he continued, "I have to face Azula. I know it."
              "You're going to kill her?"
               "I don't know. I know she won't hesitate to if she has the chance, and if it's me or her...Why are you worried about Azula?"
               "I'm not. No matter what I want you to walk away, but...there was a moment at the Boiling Rock..."
                "Yeah...?"
                 But she shook her head, "Never mind. You'll do what you have to. Just don't die."
                 Zuko laughed softly, "Yeah, that's the plan."
                 "You know, this is all very romantic," a third voice snapped at full volume, "But I can hear every word you guys are saying. Can you please go the fuck to sleep!"
                 "Sorry, Toph."

My POV
                 We still didn't get much sleep after that. We were discovered by the Order of the White Lotus, basically a group of old dudes really into philosophy and truth, and taken back to their camp.
                 As the sun rose, I wandered around "old people camp," before running into Katara,
                 "Hey, have you seen Zuko? Do you know if he found Iroh yet?"
                 "Yeah, he went into his tent a while ago," she pointed me towards the tent in question.
                  "Thanks," I said, but didn't move. I would wait until Zuko was finished and came out to meet me, "Some crazy shits about to go down, huh?"
                  "Yeah," Katara breathed, "Y/N, I'm really glad you and Zuko are here with us. I know we haven't seen eye to eye, but I still think of you as one of my best friends."
                   I pulled her into a hug to her shock, "I know, I do too, and I never stopped."
                   When I pulled away, I joked, "Not that we have a lot of choices."
                   She gave a weak laugh.
                   "He's fine, I know it," I said.
                   "Who? Zuko? I'm sure..."
                   "No, Aang. You're worried about him. The world need both our guys and they're going to step up to the plate,"
                   "With our help, of course,"
                   "Well, yeah," I laughed, rolling my eyes.
                   My laughter died in my throat as Zuko and Iroh exited the tent in front of us. Katara stepped away quietly. I hugged Zuko, and when I pulled away, I noticed his eyes were red and his cheeks wet. "Is everything okay?"
                  He grinned, "Everything's wonderful actually."
                  "Y/N!" Iroh cried, drawing me away, "How good to see you, my child! How are you?"
                  I returned his hug with almost as much fervor, "Hanging in there. It's good to see you too."
                  "Come, let's have some breakfast," he dragged me and his nephew along towards the fire where the others were waiting.

       "Uncle, you're the only person other than the Avatar who can possibly defeat the Father Lord,"
       I squeezed his arm, "Zuko, dear, you mean the Fire Lord."
       "Yeah, that's what I said," he turned back to Iroh, "We need you to come with us!"
       But Iroh refused. "Even if I did defeat Ozai, and I dont know that I could, it would be the wrong way to end the war. History would see if was just more senseless violence, a brother killing a brother to grab power. The only way for this war to end peacefully is for the Avatar to defeat the Fire Lord."
       "And then..." Zuko continued, hesitantly, "you would come and take your rightful place on the throne?"
       I already knew what Iroh's answer would be.
       "No. Someone new must take the throne. An idealist with a pure heart..."
       I gave Zuko's arm a gentle squeeze and smiled up at him. He glanced down at me and I saw the realization slowly spread on his face as Iroh continued,
       "...and unquestionable honor. It has to be you, Prince Zuko."
       It seemed like ages since I had heard Zuko referred to as Prince. It didnt seem to fit him anymore—in the best way. And the look on his face told me he had grown unaccustomed to hearing it too.
       "But I've made so many mistakes,"
       "Yes, you have," Iroh said, "You've struggled, you've suffered, but you always followed your own path."
       "And you've learned and grown so much even since I've met you," I said, "You've got the wisdom and experience your dad could never imagine."
       "You restored your own honor, and only you can restore the honor of the Fire Nation," Iroh finished.
       Zuko looked from me to Iroh, uncertainly, but said with all sincerity, "I'll try."
                  Together we came up with a plan. Sokka, Suki, and Toph were to stop Ozais airships in lieu of Aang showing up. And Zuko would take on Azula and steal the throne.
                  He grasped my hand, "You'll come with me?"
                  "Of course. I'll be right by your side,"
                   Then to my surprise, Zuko turned to Katara, "How would you like to help us put Azula in her place?"
                  And to my equal surprise and delight, she replied, "It would be my pleasure."
                  We saw Sokka, Suki, and Toph off, then Zuko helped me onto Appa. I looked down at Iroh, "And what are you planning to do?"
                  He grinned, "After I reconquer Ba Sing Se, I'm going to reconquer my tea shop, and I'm going to play Pai Sho every day!"
                  I laughed as Zuko settled next to me and Katara, "Sounds great."
                  Katara took the reins, saying solemnly, "Goodbye, General Iroh."
                  "Goodbye. Today, destiny is our friend. I know it."