ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

«NEGAN»

IT WAS getting darker already. Time had passed by with Chloe, Aaron and Negan cleaning the area out of Walkers. They were already tired and hungry but their fight was from over.

"Hey, Chloe," Negan started cautiously, noting her guarded expression every time she had to stand in his proximity. "I know you're not my biggest fan. And hey, I get it. I've done some messed-up things in the past."

Chloe kept a stern look as she wiped her knife, not giving him any indication of her thoughts.

"But I'm trying to change," Negan continued. "I know words don't mean much, but actions? Well, that's a whole different ball game. Maybe one day, you'll see I'm not the same guy from back then."

Chloe remained silent, her gaze unwavering. Negan, accepting her lack of response, turned his attention back to the task at hand.

Meanwhile, Logan and his assigned group found themselves at the border, facing Alpha. She compelled them to relinquish all their weapons before she began speaking.

"There was one rule between our people," Alpha stated, and the group stood at attention. "One law. Stay where you are. Yet you disobey."

"That fire would've destroyed your land," Daryl informed her.

"Fire is nature's way to burn," Alpha responded coldly. "We have no conflict with nature."

"It could've wiped out one of our communities," Michonne intervened. "We were not gonna sit back and let that happen. You can understand that. We crossed one time."

"Three times," Alpha corrected, catching them off guard. Logan and Tyler exchanged a look, mentally preparing for whatever might unfold.

"During the fire, you walked my land," Alpha continued. "'And during the winter storm, you walked my land."

She fixed her gaze on Logan and Michonne as she continued, "During your search along the river, you and the man with the metal arm walked my land. That's three times."

The group was left speechless. "We are always watching," Alpha declared. "What did I tell you about crossing my border?"

Breathing heavily, Logan felt like a trapped animal. His weapon was out of reach, and he couldn't help but feel grateful that Chloe wasn't present or Merle and John who might have escalated the situation further, unable to tolerate Alpha's threats.

"You have to be punished."

Upon hearing this, the Whisperers behind her unsheathed their knives and guns, ready to take action.

Daryl stood there, filled with anticipation and regret for not saying goodbye to Chloe.

"But," Alpha said, prompting a collective sigh of relief. "I consider context. There will be no bloodshed this time."

"So what do you want?" Michonne spat, her nerves on edge.

"Land," Alpha announced. "The creek that winds into the valley. That is your new southern border. We will mark the new border to the north."

"That'll cut off our hunting grounds," Carol spoke the concerns that had been on Logan's mind. "We don't have to stand here and listen to this-"

"Carol!" Daryl intervened, attempting to defuse the tension.

"To this..." Alpha inquired, turning her attention to Carol. "What?"

As everyone held their breath, hoping Carol wouldn't worsen the situation, she did. "To this bullshit," she confidently declared.