ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

«The Walking Dead»

IT WAS ALREADY daylight when Daryl and his group stumbled upon something valuable that could lead them to Henry. Thanks to Dog.

"Shit," Logan muttered as his eyes scanned the rumpled dirt.

"They caught up with him," Connie wrote.

"Yeah, yeah," Daryl agreed. "There was a struggle."

Connie gestured, forming a circle around Daryl's face and then pointing at her eyes.

"They caught up to him," he conveyed.

Their discussion was cut short by Dog, who started barking. Chloe followed him, discovering Henry's Aikido stick lying on the ground.

"Guys, over here!" she called.

"Good boy," Daryl praised as the group gathered around Chloe and Dog. "Good boy. Yeah. They went that way."

They heard distant growls of Walkers followed by Dog's barking. They prepared to confront them, only to find two that Connie and Daryl swiftly dealt with.

"Nice," Daryl cheered Connie. "Dog," he ordered, and Dog obediently retrieved the arrow from the Walker's skull.

A three-hour walk later, they encountered a herd. With the sun setting, they knew time was of the essence to bring Henry back home.

"Holy cow," John cursed under his breath, and Logan signalled them to stay low. "Can you see that?"

"Shh," Logan hushed him as they observed three masked figures leaving two bodies for the Walkers to claim. Chloe hoped it wasn't who she feared.

"M*therfuckers," John continued. "Are they alive?"

"Keep it down," Daryl hissed.

The group watched in silence as the Walkers descended on the bodies.

"We should find Henry," Chloe suggested, her eyes fixed on the grim scene.

"Are we just trying to neglect the fact that this could be Henry for all we know?" John rambled, earning a glare from Daryl.

"Stop it," Logan warned him.

"Admit it," John persisted. "You all are thinking about it."

"I said stop it, Murphy!"

"Fine, but you can take it from me that no good has ever come from any of this."

Even after all these years, Murphy still had a mouth on him.

"We're gonna use them skins," Daryl declared, causing Chloe to turn to him with confusion.

"How are we going to do that?" Logan whispered.

"They're distracted," Daryl began. "We draw them in one by one."

"Okay, we're gonna need something," Logan said, surveying the surroundings.

Connie picked up some rocks and lifted them, signalling their presence.

"Yes," Daryl nodded.

"Great," John sighed.