ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

«Trail Ends Here»

WITH HENRY
confined in one of the cells, and Logan and John searching for Chloe and the rest, Tom found himself with nothing else to do. Consequently, he opted to join Alden, Enid, Tara, DJ, and Marco, who were strategizing to go after the two groups out there.

"I mean, shouldn't we give it a little longer? Michonne's only been gone a few hours," Alden suggested.

"I mean, it's almost been a full day since they went out looking," Enid pointed out.

"And given what Rosita said-" DJ added.

"Something might've happened," Tom chimed in.

"Marco?" Tara addressed him.

"Maybe we have two-person teams loop around their part of the grid, see what we see," he proposed.

"Okay. Let's do it. One loop, no risks," Tara agreed.

"I'll go," Tom volunteered.

"Okay, and get Oscar from the gate. We're gonna need a fourth," she instructed.

"I'll do it," the new guy called Luke said as he stepped in. "Hey. Uh... Luke here. Uh, just say you needed an extra hand? 'Cause I got two. Um... you need help, I'm your guy."

"I'll go check with Oscar," Marco said, ready to turn away, but Luke halted him.

He explained. "No, no, no, no, no. Um... Connie and Kelly, they're... They're in the gardens already. And Magna and Yumiko, they're... they're out there. I just wanna do my part."

"He and Tom can ride with me," Alden suggested.

"Cool. All right," Luke smiled as he shook Alden's hand.

"Alden," Alden greeted him.

"Hey. Two Hand Luke," Luke joked. "Hey. How you doing? That was a bad joke. Uh, thank you."

"Cool," Tara said before she walked away.

"Just be safe out there," Enid said, giving Alden a small kiss while Luke and Tom looked away.

"Always. Come on, professor, saddle up."

"Professor? I like that."

"Who the hell would do this? Even think about doing this?" Yumiko said.

"You'd be surprised the things a one would do to survive," John told her as he and Logan assisted Eugene while Daryl and Aaron carried Jesus' body.

"I suspect some vessel filled with a chunky salsa of abnormal impulses and metastasized rage," Eugene said.

"It's full-on batshit," Magna told him.

"You think there's more?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah," Daryl nodded.

"So, what do we do?" Yumiko asked.

"Right now, keep moving," Michonne told her.

They reached the horses that Michonne, Logan, and the others had used. Daryl and Aaron placed Jesus on one horse, while Magna and Yumiko took another. Eugene rode the third.

Michonne and Daryl were deep in conversation, and Chloe stayed beside Logan.

"How's Tom?" she asked him.