ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

«The Pact»

FOLLOWING THE SKIRMISH, the band of survivors regrouped and discovered that Henry had sustained injuries in the clash, but Lydia and Dog had managed to rescue him.

"Okay," Daryl spoke. "Okay, it's time to move."

"You figure out where we're going?" John asked.

"Alexandria's closest," Daryl told him. "So we'll get you stitched up there."

"No, we can't," Henry said. "If her people find out we're there, everybody-"

"Hell, we ain't staying," Daryl said. "We'll get you back on your feet, and then we'll move on. All of us."

As they journeyed toward Alexandria, Daryl and Chloe found themselves lost in a lengthy discussion about the likelihood of Michonne allowing Lydia an entry. After that unfortunate incident with Jocelyn, Michonne vowed not to open the gates to anyone else, regardless of their identity.

"Michonne's been real strict about letting folks in," John chimed in.

Chloe nodded. "But Lydia's different. She's with us, and we vouch for her."

"Hope she sees it that way," Daryl sighed.

Their footsteps echoed on the worn-out road as they reached the gates of Alexandria, Daryl and Chloe exchanged anxious glances. The towering walls loomed overhead as they approached the entrance, where a watchful guard scrutinized their group.

"Easy there," Logan muttered under his breath.

Chloe stepped forward, taking the initiative. "We need to see Michonne."

The guard eyed them cautiously but radioed Michonne, who eventually appeared at the gate with Aaron. Her expression was stern, betraying little emotion as she assessed the group standing before her.

"What's this about?" Michonne inquired, her gaze particularly focused on Lydia.

"Long story," Logan began, choosing his words carefully. "We need to talk inside."

"Henry's hurt," Daryl informed Michonne and Aaron. "You were closest. I wouldn't have come. We had no other choice."

"What about her?" she asked, her eyes still locked on Lydia.

"She's with us," Chloe replied.

Michonne hesitated for a moment, then nodded. "Open the gates."

In the infirmary, Chloe gathered the necessary tools and skillfully patched up Henry. Lydia stood by his side, attempting to alleviate his pain as Chloe carefully stitched him up.

"It's okay," Lydia whispered. "It's okay."

"So, where do we go from here?" Michonne inquired, entering the infirmary with Daryl, John, Logan, and Aaron. "Straight to the Kingdom?"

"Well, probably not a direct route, but, yeah-" Logan began.

"Carol should know," Daryl added.

The door creaked open and everyone watched Merle walk in. "Hey there, little brother," he announced, his voice echoing in the room. "Word is you've dropped by for a visit."

"Henry is injured," Daryl told him.

"Princess," Merle said, a sly grin playing on his lips as he approached Chloe, who remained focused on her medical tasks. Henry's grunts of pain accompanied the background hum of the room. "How are ya?"