29 CHIGIRI HYOMA

29. CHIGIRI HYOMA

note: song to i reccomend to listen to while reading this chapter—walking back home by vira talisa. its such a beautiful song.

told myself I would wait a while until publishing this. I couldn't take it anymore. so here you go. enjoy 🤭

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

YOU

can't sleep. Whether it be from the excitement that was last night's Nagi's Let's Control Everything championship or even just the fact that your legs were aching, you didn't pay any mind to it. All you knew was that tonight, you wouldn't be able to sleep until later, so you might as well do something to pass the time until you were sleepy.

You slide out of your bed without a sound and slip on your slippers, peering over your shoulder at the people sleeping soundly behind you. Barou and Nagi sleep like vampires—while Isagi has one leg hanging off the duvet, and Chigiri is sleeping soundlessly on his side, facing the door like a normal person.

You break your eyes away and slip out of the door, smoothing down your sleeping shorts and opening the door, letting a crack of light shine on Chigiri's peaceful face. He really does look like a princess, you think with a smile, before shutting the door silently behind you.

You walk through the bright halls of the Blue Lock prison, hands clutching your shorts as you look around for anybody possibly being around. When you're sure you're alone, you make your way into a dimly lit room. There, you see the camera footage of the game this morning, between Isagi's team and Chigiri's previous one. You slip your notebook out from under your arm and click your pen on the paper, taking a seat on the cool marble.

You cross your legs and the fur of your slippers tickle your leg, so you kick them off and they now lay discarded beside you. You look away from them and up to the big screens in front of your eyes and watch the instant replays of the most exciting moments.

* Reo passes the ball over to Chigiri, who speeds down the midfield without so much of a hitch—despite Nagi running behind him. You had almost forgotten how incredible his speed was, but you think his prompt goal is a sound reminder.

You write down in your notebook about the way Reo passed—the direction and speed. Despite all the shit you give Reo, he is pretty amazing at passing. It's elegant, the way it curves. You smile.

It's almost scary, how Nagi can play people like a fiddle without a second glance, you think, as he passes the ball over to Isagi in such a swift motion you can hardly see it. Isagi maneuvered himself into everyone's blind spot, in a place where only Nagi could see, just to get himself in front of the goal. And his plan works, too, because he shoots the ball right into the net with his deadly direct shot.