41 FIRST RULE OF FIGHT CLUB...

41. FIRST RULE OF FIGHT CLUB...

note: this chapter... is something. mostly just shidou being... shidou. yeah. should be a warning in itself. he might be into pet play but that's another can of worms i don't want to open.

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

NANASE

crashes into both you and Isagi, tumbling you both to the ground and making you roll over a few times—only stopping from the speedbump that is your cooler bag, "Isagi-san! Holy crap!! What a super goal! As unreachable as Rin-kun and Shidou-san were, you completely broke righ' past them! And scored with a direct shoot! How'd ya manage that?! That was godly!"

You don't pay attention to the rest of Isagi's long explanation, looking up at the bright lights that blind your vision from the field, laid out like a starfish on the faux grass. I'm so exhausted.

Your attention is only piqued when another person joins the celebration party, and of all people, it's Shidou Ryusei, strolling over casually with his hands stuffed in his pockets, and a large grin decorating his lips, "Nice one, Isagi Yoichi. I can feel your cells sparking. I think I'll quite like it when you explode."

Rin suddenly joins in too—and now you're wondering whether or not it'll be rude if you don't, "Hmph. What a super goal. You can't even understand the breakdown of your own shoot... You just got lucky and stole my goal." Rin wipes a bead of perspiration off his top lip, pulled taut downwards as he speaks, "Isagi... you piss me off, after all."

You sigh loudly and move back down, head lying on the grass. You're too tired to deal with the argument that ensues between Rin and Shidou, and your mood has now significantly lifted from before. You don't even react as a certain ninja takes a seat beside your head, legs folded while he holds his chin up—eyes focused on you.

"Hey," he says, voice as cool as always. You look up, catching sight of that ridiculous green that settles between his eyes. You're not as annoyed as before, so you entertain him with a proper response.

"Hey."

He looks almost pleased at your tone, "Not so pissy anymore, huh?"

You suck in a deep breath, sitting up with your hands holding your body weight behind you, "Does this really work on girls?"

"I've been in Blue Lock too long, gimme a break."

And with that, you laugh, a wondrous sound echoing from your lips, that makes him turn his head toward you with an expression you can't quite decipher. But your joy is quickly cut short by the battle cry that is let out across the field, and before you know it—Rin and Shidou start throwing down in the middle of the field.

"A sucker like you who smiles while your teammate steals your goal... will never become the best in the world!" Rin snarls as he throws a heavy punch at Shidou—who takes it without even flinching, grinning madly.