17 PLEASE TAKE CARE OF ME

17. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF ME

note: would u guys believe me if i said. i have written up to chapter 30. lol. and there is only one kiss between one character ugh so sad (I'm going to try and make it so it isn't just irrelevant omg yay they kiss lolol more like it actually affects the relationship between characters?? maybe?? idk). more coming soon. ill try to keep updates regular tho.

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

BEFORE

you know it, the first player walks in, hair fallen between his eyes and a distant expression that separates each of you from him in an instant. He looks annoyed at everything—very clearly wanted to be left alone with such a scowl. He looks like he's going to punch the next person that dares to speak to him.

The name pops up on the white screen above his head—Rin Itoshi, with a little icon next to the name of his face in an abstract art style. He tosses a soccer ball under his arm and stands next to the entrance he came from, eyes focused on a single spot on the floor, but you find your gaze keeps getting drawn back to him.

He still looks pissed, though, you think, and you notice how he refuses to look up and even risk the chance of making eye contact with any of you.

But it seems that the girl with such fiery red hair can't tell when she's about to throw fuel into an open flame—seeing as she can't read the blatantly obvious look of disdain on his face when he hears the chatter that comes from the other girls. She bounds up to him, face bright with overbearing friendliness, and she immediately tries to strike up a conversation with him.

Both you and Kyouka give each other a look at how he very clearly makes a point to not respond to a word she says—not until she finally asks the big question. She looks up at him with big eyes, and smiles, "So? Whaddya say? Want to team up?"

He looks at her like she's gum on a shoe—a cockroach in the kitchen—or even a pile of shit lying on the sidewalk. Such a look makes the humid room suddenly feel ice cold, and goosebumps trail down your neck when you finally get a good glimpse at his icy blue eyes. They look strangely familiar, in a way you can't possibly describe.

He doesn't seethe—nor does he even raise his voice, he only looks her dead in the eyes with a blank expression and says in the most monotone voice, "Who do you think you are? I don't need you. You're a lukewarm leech."

Your lips unconsciously part in shock at his sheer audacity, and the fact he doesn't even give her a second glance before he walks over to the other side of the room, expression stone-cold and completely unchanging. The redhead's jaw drops to the ground, eyes bulging out of her skull in complete and utter silence—now, nobody else would dare to approach the man.