18 THE TOP 3

18. THE TOP 3

*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

YOU,

Isagi, Nagi, and Bachira all make your way towards the next stage of the second selection—and the first thing you all do is make intense eye contact with the only other team there. Rin Itoshi and friends. You hadn't bothered to remember his two buddies' names, but you did recognise Komi, with whom your eyes met. She looks surprised to see you, and you wonder if she knows your name.

Ego's face appears on-screen as soon as you all step into the room, and he greets you by saying, "Hello again, my little diamonds in the rough. Welcome to the third stage of the second selection. Three-on-three team battles. This match will be set up in a unique minigame format. Both teams will have Blue Lock Man as a goalie, the first team to score 5 goals wins the game. They'll advance—but there's an additional prize."

On the screen, it shows a little video of how the game works—and what will be happening during it. "Winners get to steal a player from the losers, who will make a four-man team. You'll want to choose wisely."

Isagi's eyes widened, and his pupils dilated when his eyes met those of Rin. "We get.. to take an opponent?"

Bachira gasped with wide-eyed wonder, placing a finger on his cheek in thought. "Oh! Kinda sounds like.. that game! What's it called?" His voice was light with amusement, and he turned his head to look at Nagi.

"You mean red rover."

Bachira finger-guns him, and his grin stretches out even wider with his squinted eyes, "Yeah, that!"

"As you progress through this stage," Ego's voice is suddenly all you can hear again, and your attention is diverted back to him, from the others. "You'll acquire more teammates. In order to pass the second selection, you'll have to get to the fifth stage with a force of 5—it's as simple as that."

Bachira raises his hand, brows lifted in surprise, "And what happens to the losing team?"

"They keep going with their remaining members, but if you lose the game of two-on-two and don't get picked by the winners, you're disqualified." Ego chuckles—a deep, rumbling sound that makes you sweatdrop. Though he laughs, his words hold no humour, "Tragic, really." 

"Dominate and steal your enemies in rivalry battle—the only way to keep advancing in Blue Lock," The video of the mini team suddenly cuts out, and Ego's face is now all you can see back on the board. He widens his arms in a dynamic pose—head tilted towards the camera and his soulless eyes peering through his bangs. "Oh, you're also free to choose which team you play against first. But both of the teams must agree to the match-up, got it?"