Chapter 3

Persey's (Natalie) POV

Fucking Lucas McKnight is Bridgette's fucking boyfriend?! I couldn't believe my eyes. This is the guy who messed up with me back in high school! Oh my effin' god! I'm sorry for cussing too much but... Argh! I seriously wanted to kick him on the face right at that very moment. I can't even...

"Who the hell is Perps?" Bruno asked. It was clear to their faces that he and Bridgette were puzzled.

"Oh, that's, that's what Lucas calls me back when... we were in high school," I struggled for words, trying so hard to hide my real identity. Lucas used to call me Perps, the nickname he gave me. He didn't like calling me Persey which is my other nickname because he said it reminds him of his grandomther Percy.

Persephone. Persey. Perps. Whatever.

"You know each other?" Bridgette asked.

I and Luke exchanged stares. We didn't know what to say or what to do.

"She was my... high school friend," Luke finally said to Bridgette, faking a smile. Uh-huh, you got that right. Of course he was lying!

"Yeah. In fact, we're really, really good friends," I faked and then secretly gave Luke a death glare.

"HOLY SHIT AISGDFLASKGFLASFFGASF! Her boyfriend is Lucas fucking McKnight! Why didn't you just tell me? I'm sorry for cussing but oh my fucking god!" I exclaimed after I and Bruno locked ourselves up in Phil's bedroom.

"Who is Lucas McKnight? Do you have a past with him?" Bruno asked.

"Terrible past. Oh my god. He's just my ex-boyfriend from high school. You know how he ditched me at prom night? Oh my god, I just want to stab him to death right now! Argh!" I kicked Phil's closet.

"Whoa! Calm down, girl. The poor closet did nothing to you," Bruno chuckled.

"He cheated on me with Rachel, MY GREATEST NEMESIS! Tell me how cruel that is!" I freaked out. "He told me he was going to take me to the prom but then he didn't show up and I just saw him there kissing fucking Rachel Garrett! ARGH!"

"Hey, hey! It's okay. That's just high school. That was a long time ago," Bruno said as he held me on both arms. I then broke into tears, angry tears. "Stop crying, okay? That's stupid," he pushed my hair to the back of my ear.

"I don't want to see him," I cried. "He broke my heart, Bruno. He broke me."

"That's exactly what I felt after what you did to me," my heart sunk and I eventually stopped crying after I heard him say.

"Bruno," I whispered, suddenly feeling guilty. Does that mean I made Bruno cry like this? I hate the feeling of being broken. It's the worst feeling. And I had no idea I already made someone feel that way.

"What a small world, huh? Our exes versus us," he grinned trying to avoid the awkward moment. "I guess this is team work. What to do you say?"

My lips slowly curved into a smile. "I tell you, Bruno Mars. I swear I'm gonna make that Bridgette so jealous that she's going to wanna commit suicide!" He laughed at my sudden outburst. "If you want to make out with me right in front of their fucking faces just tell me! Oh my gosh! I just want to kill McKnight right now! I'll show him! He just messed up with the wrong girl. Argh!"

He wiped my tears and said, "That's my girl."

We went out of Phil's bedroom and did what he had to do. Bruno was a really good actor. I mean he was just so sweet of a boyfriend. Like a gentleman. I don't know. He acts so naturally. I felt like he really was my boyfriend. Every once in a while Bridgette looks at him. I always catch her do that and I wanted to laugh every time.