31. 𝙰𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚔

To put it simply, Yoimiya couldn't sleep.

"What do you mean you can't sleep?"

To make it more complicated, it also meant that Shinobu wouldn't be able to sleep, too.

"You can't believe what I saw! Look, I know it'll sound crazy, but you gotta listen to me!"

Yoimiya said, as Shinobu was very tempted to simply throw the blonde out of her room and call it done.

However, she decided to give the girl a chance, and she sighed. After knowing each other well enough already, Yoimiya knew that sigh meant she would be able to enter, so she simply let herself in.

"Ugh. Can you at least tell me that after tomorrow? We have the big mission thing, and I'd really like to get some sleep in."

Shinobu said, as she tried to bargain her sleep out of this deal.

"I'm sorry, but it's THAT important! I can't just leave this for later! Even you'll agree after this."

Shinobu's head fell limp as she noticed she was NOT sleeping well today, and slowly closed the door of her room.

She sighed once more, and finally accepted her fate, after going through all five stages of grief.

"Very well... What is it that you saw? Murasaki's face or something?" Shinobu asked Yoimiya, who had sat on the bed without even asking permission for it.

"Not that, it's equally important to that!"

She said, smiling lightly, as she invited Shinobu to sit beside her, on her own bed.

"Then just say it already."

The girl did sit beside Yoimiya, reluctantly accepting the 'offer' the blonde had made.

"Well, where do I even start? First, as you know, I went to see what Murasaki had been doing this late outside, but what I saw shocked me! She was training with YAE MIKO!"

The mention of the woman's name caused Shinobu to suddenly lose the sleepiness she had been fighting against, as her eyebrows were raised in surprise, as she had not been expecting this answer at all.

"...What?"

She spoke out, in surprise, as she was now interested in what Yoimiya had to say.

"Yeah! I couldn't really tell what they were talking about, but it seemed as if they had been doing this every day."

"But what would Murasaki have to do with someone like her?"

Shinobu asked Yoimiya, as very distant memories from her time as a shrine maiden made their way back into her mind, something which she decided to forget for now.

"I'm not sure. It seemed like Murasaki was training against something that looked like a metal ball that could summon lightning attacks and stuff! The craziest part is that these attacks were much faster than what I had seen before, but even so, Murasaki was able to dodge them!"

The blonde spoke, since she was excited to share what she saw with Shinobu. Meanwhile, many thoughts came to the girl, who wondered just what type of relation Murasaki could have with the Guuji Yae.

"Have you thought about asking her personally?"

Shinobu asked, and judging by the look of uncertainty on Yoimiya's face, she deemed it unnecessary to wait for an answer.

"I'd recommend you to not do that just yet. If she has been meeting Lady Miko after all, then there's possibly a good reason for that."

The green-haired woman said, to which the blonde nodded in agreement.