9. 𝙰𝚗 𝙰𝚍𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝙸𝚜𝚜𝚞𝚎

The sun had just began to rise as I made my way to Wangshu Inn.

The reason for that being amother commission I was assigned to. It seems I needed to hand out a letter to someone named Soraya.

Of course, there were a few monsters around the way, but it wasn't a problem for me, since I defeat those for breakfast every day.

- ... Why do I... have a bad feeling about this? -

As I get closer and closer to Wangshu Inn, this feeling only grows, and after enduring it enough, it seemed like it stopped.

"Weird." I decided to brush it off, but my instincts told me otherwise, so I took out my sword in case anything happened.

- ...Keqing again!? -

I quickly turned around and blocked an attack coming from above, I push whoever is attacking me away and quickly dash in their direction with an blue aura around my blade, Cryo Energy being infused in Dragon's Frostbite.

As I clash weapons with them, I look into my attacker's eyes and they showed me a righteous sense of justice, of duty, but also pain and frustation.

My enemy is using a polearm as a weapon, and they seem extremely skilled at handling it. As such, I decide to leave them with no time to think.

I decide to try to freeze the floor below us while we had exchanged blows. However, they noticed this just in time, and jumped away, avoiding the ice from covering their feet.

Their body was beginning to emit a powerful aura. Black and green mist surrounded them, as they seemed to be getting serious.

- Alright, then. -

I decide to gather the elemental energy around me and turn it into small ice shards, and after a few seconds there were hundreds of them surrounding me.

However, as more and more were in orbit, a few pieces of the ice were starting to get stuck on my sword.

No, my sword was apparently absorbing them, attaching the shards to its blade, as it grew longer and sharper.

- ...This is... new. -

I thought, as I observed my Katana's weird behavior.

My opponent gathered their strength, or so I assumed, as the black and green mist seemed to radiate out of their body. They soon took some type of demon mask out of their hip, placing it on their face, as their power grew exponentially.

- ...I've seen that mask somewhere... -

The frost fragments around me soon were launched forward, soaring through the air at an immense velocity. But they were prepared, as they dashed towards me, deflecting the ice shards with their spear, dodging it by rolling to the left, before continuing to run forward.

When they finally reach me, their legs gathered strength to leap high above me, and they plunge downwards, their spear pointed to the ground, as their body was shrouded with that poweful aura once more.

Our weapons clashed, causing sparks to fly around the air. The energy of our elements reacting together, as more and more our surroundings were starting to get frozen.

I gather up the strength to throw them away from me, but they adjust their own body midair and land back on their feet.

After they regain their balance, they soon propelled themselves forward, their spear shimmering a bright green glow. I decided to concentrate my energy on my blade, and soon blasted off towards them, as we prepared to attack each other.

Our weapons clash once again and again, and we seemed to have basically the same strength in every blow. However, this time, Dragon's Frostbite was glowing bright.