17. 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎

- Time Freeze. - Y/N thought, as he accelerated his perception of time to 3.3 times faster than a normal human. Treating the Harbinger in front of him as the worst danger he could be in.

"My, my. This battle was incredible, too!" Diamond said, as he looked down at Childe's unconscious body. "What a sturdy guy. If it was me, I'd probably be in pieces right now." He said, his golden eyes now following Jinhua, who took out the spear from her own chest, surprising both the males around her.

"W-what..? That's not enough to take you out...?" He asked, slightly surprised.

- Such an attack would only kill those who are unprepared! -

"Then I'll just have to break that defense!" Childe said, before dashing as fast as an lightning bolt towards the girl.

Jinhua, in response to this, took on the attack head on, as she prepared for the dash, golden light seemed to appear below her chestplate. As she used her shapeshifting ability to become a human, it's still a body nonetheless, however, her physical body is separated from her magical core.

While she could change her physical body at will, the only thing she could do to her magical core was to move it around her body.

- The Harbinger seemed to want to break my chestplate, and then pierce my chest. So, instead of keeping my magical core in my chest, I'll just keep it in my right leg. Doubt such a scum would notice such a thing. -

As such, while a spear piercing through her chest was quite lethal. It wouldn't be enough to take her life.

"Y-you...! You're the one! You're the one who sent those men to kill them, didn't you!?" She yelled, as she took a step forward towards him, but quickly lost the strength in her legs and lost her balance, however she was quickly caught by Y/N, who safely sat her on the ground.

"Y-Y/N... Let me...! I'LL KILL HIM!" She yelled, as anger filled her body. "You're too hurt. My turn, okay?" Y/N said, as Jinhua coughed blood on the floor.

"Hey hey! If it isn't the hero, the righteous! Wow, wow! While I'd love to pierce your head with a blade, it seems I need to take this guy here back. The Tsaritsa wouldn't be so nice if she knew I had let an important person die." Diamond said, as he smiles warmly.

However, in the blink of an eye, he unsheathed his sword and covered it with Pyro, sending an wave of fire towards Y/N, who reacted due to Time Freeze and unsheathed Dragon's Frostbite.

"Counter." He muttered, pointing the sword forward, intending to use the sword's special ability. But, something went wrong, as the sword was barely able to absorb a fraction of fire, and it caused him to need to dodge by leaping in the air.

- What? It didn't work? -

"Hm? Did you forget how to use your abilities? Or did you just get too weak to use'em?" The man said, as he grabbed the other Harbinger's body, and jumped up on the hole, in which water was continuously falling from, however it didn't even seem to budge the man, as he looked down at Y/N.

"Wow. Each time we meet I manage to lose more of my interest in you, Y/N. Don't disappoint me next time. If you manage to, of course!" He smiled as he jumped forward into the water, dissapearing with it.

- I... I couldn't do anything... -

After a few moments of silence, Y/N was brought back to reality by Jinhua's continuous coughs. As she glew a bright yellow, turning into a small golden finch, with a hole in its body.

- Jinhua!? Is she alright? Please, I can't lose you now! -

"Argh... Hard to breathe..." She muttered, as Y/N hurried to catch her, and held her in his hands. "Hey, don't go dying on me, you hear?" "Shut up, cape human. Don't even insinua- *cough cough*" She wanted to make up a strong facade, but it didn't seem to convince Y/N, as he looked at her with worried eyes.