Chapter#19

.

Author Pov:

Jimin : Umm and what 'bout you brother?

Violet expressions changed in the blink of an eyes. She went from proud and cheerful to sad and gloomy. When Jimin saw that, he just wanted to disappear in the air at that moment.

Jimin : I-I mean, once you mention that you are searching for him. So, I just wanted to know what had happened but it's ok if you don't feel like talking about this, I'm sorry. We ca-

Violet : It's fine. I also wanted to share this with you, you don't have to be sorry yeah?

Jimin nodded with a small smile and waited for her to continue. Violet looked down and played with her ring, hesitation clearly visible in her eyes.

Violet : So, I was from a middle class family. With mom, dad, brother and me. My mother used to work in a cafe and My father was a worker in a small comany. My brother and I, we both were students. With my parents salary, we were living a normal life. But later on-

Violet waited a bit and sighed before continuing.

Violet : -we came to know that my father lost his all money in gambling and he had borrowed debts for gambling and lost them too. He got fired from his job because of ill-attentiveness. He got addictive to alcohol and drugs. My mother did part time jobes, she worked harder and when she got salary, he always took all money from her to buy his fucking drugs. He often used to hit her. And with time everything just got worse. My brother always protected me whenever he yelled at me or tried to hit me and my mother protected both of us. One day he crossed all his limits and did something very horrible and our family ended up falling apart. I tried to find my brother, my mother but couldn't. Am still trying but, but now I don't know what to do.

She whispered the last part and Jimin heard it but didn't said anything. Violet didn't move her gaze from her finger ring and he got lost in his deep thoughts, trying to process it. Process everything. 

God, he felt like crying. A tear slipped from the corner of his eye and he said in small whisper.

Jimin : I'm sorry..... It must have been painful.

Violet looked away from her ring and locked her eyes with his. She felt her chin trembled seeing the sincerity in his pure eyes. 

Violet : It still is.

~~~~~~~~~~

A few minutes later, Violet found herself standing on the cliff watching the sunset. The sight after their eyes was beautiful and calming. The light pillars on some distances, lighting the area. The railing on the edges, wrapped with golden string lights, making everything tenfold perfect.

Violet stood there, watching sun setting down. It was a whole new experience for her. She never enjoyed sunsets, she had had seen many sunsets but never enjoyed them and both are whole different things. In order to enjoy things, first you need the peace of mind and she had never had that.

They stood there in pure silence, watching the aesthetic sight infront of their eyes. As the sun set, the lights lit up the entire area. 

Violet : So you never dated anyone before?

Jimin looked at her and gave her a sheepish smile.

Jimin : Actually I did but it was in highschool and it wasn't a good experience. A girl asked me out and I said yes, but after a week she insulted me infront of the whole cafetaria and brokeup with me. That time I didn't know what I did wrong but later on I came to know that she had a crush on our school heart-throb, he was a bully too. So she just used me in impress him and yes she got his attention. After that they started dating. 

Jimin finished with a sigh and focused his gaze on the sight.

Violet : I hope she regreted afterwards.

A laugh escaped Jimin's lips. 

Jimin : Oh, yes she did. They often used to bully me for my chubby body, I wasn't that handsome before.....  Anyways, after one month he brokeup with her saying she was boring. He was a playboy so he only played with her. He left her and got a new girlfriend. *sigh* Karma is a bitch.

Violet scroffed and said.

Violet : It sure is and she deserved every single thing he did with her..... By the way, I think you were cute back then. 

Jimin : You think so?

Violet : Mmm. I mean you are still cute but you looked more cute with apple cheeks. I saw your debut pictures, you were soft and cute.

Jimin : And now?

Violet : Umm now you are cute and handsome.

Violet said and nodded to herself in agreement. Jimin just chuckled at her behaviour.

Jimin : Why you never dated before?

Jimin asked, giving his full attention to her, to which she just shrugged and said.

Violet : Simple. I wasn't interested.

Jimin : And now you are interested?

Violet : Yes. I mean, I never felt the need to date someone before and besides, I didn't have time.

Jimin raised an eyebrow and asked.

Jimin : So now you have time?

Violet sighed and glared at him.

.

.