Chapter 17: Alpha Male pt.1

Mount Justice

September 23, 06:34 EDT

It was too early for Kate to be this annoyed.

It was just past the crack of dawn, but Kate had been up since three in the morning due to time zone differences between the cave and Star City. This meeting was supposed to give them answers but it had just been a bunch of stalling up until this point, Green Arrow coming out of the kitchen with a bowl of pretzels. Placing them in front of Wally, and even sitting right across from him Kate knew she wasn't going to see a single one of them enter her stomach.

She had tried to stand in the back with Conner but was dragged down by Robin, forced between him and M'gann on one side of the table that had been set up in the training area of the cave. Distant sounds of construction and clanging metal the only evidence to the massive repairs that were being done at the moment by other league members.

"Thanks, but no thanks." The speedster grumbled in full suit. Just like the rest of the team. Thank god it was a Saturday and none of them had school, though none of them would have gone with what had happened.

"Yeah, what we want are answers, about Red Tornado and his siblings." Robin piped up, following Wally's train of complaints directed at Oliver.

"Exactly!" Wally exclaimed. The man in green just looked at the boy through his mask for a second before grabbing the bowl of pretzels. Which Wally was quick to grab back.

"Leave the bowl." Wally huffed, starting to stuff his face with the snack food. Kate let out a long breathe, propping her elbows on top of the table and leaning her forehead into her hands.

"Are you okay?" Robin sprung into action, turning his body to face her, gloved hand on the back of her shoulder. The other coming to her head, "Is it your head?" Kate huffed at the attention. Pulling away from the boy's grip as much as she could without pushing M'gann off the bench.

"I'm fine Robin. I'm just tired." Kate didn't mean to snap, but she was exhausted, she caught her own tone and groaned, peaking at the boy who just wanted to help, "Sorry. I really am just tired."

"It's okay. Just, let me know okay? Don't keep it to yourself. I can't help if you don't tell me. I've installed some imaging software in my glove computer should we need to do field scans..." Robin paused, heavy eyes meeting Kate's, "Just in case."

The girl wanted to fight his concern, but stopped herself. Letting out a long breath and nodded.

"You knew?!" Kate, and the rest of the team jumped at Conner's yelling. The clone suddenly in front of Kaldur, his hands fisting the Atlantean's shirt and throwing him into the wall behind him. Batman not even moving from his position beside the two teenage boys. Having once been having a quiet conversation with the leader of the team that Kate paid no mind to before.

"That android and his maniac family almost killed M'gann, and Kate!" Conner screamed in Kaldur's face. M'gann quick to fly over to the pair.

"Conner what are you doing?!"

"Kaldur knew we had a traitor among us and said nothing!" The clone responded, anger filling his voice.

Kate's eyebrows furrowed at the news, slowly walking over with the rest of the team towards the negative interaction. Glancing at the Atlantean before looking to Artemis and then back to the two boys.

"You knew?" Robin demanded, Wally right behind him with Kate trailing behind Artemis, seeing Robin's glances her way.

"And didn't tell us?"