Chapter 10: Outfiltrated

HAPPY HARBOR

August 8, 21:59 EDT

Kate was positioned on the south side of the building, crouching on the edge of the roof. Working perimeter with Miss Martian and Superboy. Which was almost preferable than being in a room with everyone else after the display her, Roy, and Dinah put on. She could feel their questions on the transport over here.

The last thing she wanted or needed was Kaldur pulling her aside before they had left and asking if she was okay after Roy showing up like that but he did and it was almost sweet.

She'd honestly rather just ignore that it had ever happened and block it out from her memory. Which, according to Dinah, wasn't exactly a healthy coping mechanism and Kate would definitely be going home to a talk with the woman about what happened and how it made her feel.

"Link established. Everyone online?" Kate winced at the pressure filling her head, she still wasn't used to the feeling of other people entering her mind.

"This is so weird." Artemis thought? Kate decided it wasn't worth thinking too hard about. Just accepting the fact that she now had voices in her head that weren't hers.

"And distracting. Coding a distributive algorithm on a kitty computer with less ram than a wrist watch is hard enough. Now I have to hear teen-think in my skull?" Dr. Roquette complained and Kate couldn't help but scoff.

"Lady, do you always complain when someone is trying to help you?" Kid Flash's voice entered Kate's head.

"Pot Kettle have you met?" Artemis's words made Kate chuckle, the girl catching herself and fixing her posture on the ledge. Subtly looking around to make sure no one had heard.

"Hey, hey, I do not need attitude from the girl who drove Red Arrow off the team." Kate almost wished she was in that room, if only to see this go down in person.

"That is so not on me!"

"Red Arrow was never on the team KF, him abandoning his friends and family isn't on her." Goldfinch snapped, her mood souring at the mention of the red archer, Kate not there to see the reactions of everyone. Thankfully.

"Fate of the world at stake!" Doc, in the room, waved her arms around to emphasize her frustration with the group of teens.

"She started it!" KF childishly pointed the finger at Artemis, who decided removing herself from the room would be for the best.

"How about I just help Miss Martian, Superboy, and Goldfinch patrol the perimeter?"

"Good idea. Trade places with Goldfinch." Aqualad agreed as the archer walked out of the room, quietly closing the door behind her.

"Where do I go then?" Goldfinch asked.

"Inside." Kaldur answered and Kate sighed but left her perch and headed towards the roof access door.

"You might want to cut her some slack; it was her arrow that saved your butt against Amazo." Robin said to his best friend. The speedster's reaction almost comical if Goldfinch had been in a better mood.

"What no! That was Speedy's- Red Arrow's.... Arrow. Right?"

"No. It wasn't." Goldfinch said monotonously, looking straight ahead with a frown as she lifelessly bounced down the stairwell. One floor closer to the computer lab.

"Well, still not giving her the satisfaction." Goldfinch rolled her eyes and chuckled without any humor. Wondering if this is how Dinah felt with her sometimes, but closing that off from the group chat in her mind.