Chapter Seven: Trash Go Boom

Chapter 7: Trash Go Boom

LITCHFIELD COUNTY

August 3, 20:08 EDT

The team hid behind some bushes, beside the clearing where the android was being loaded up into trucks with Justice League supervision. Kate, in the same kind of get up as the rest of the team. Pants, black with yellow stripes down the leg, and a full version of her suit jacket zipped up to her throat. 

Kate's motorcycle being comprised of gold, black, and deep brown tones like her costume, looking almost identical to Robin's bright red one in body shape. Twisting up her hair, she shoved her helmet onto her head. Her golden wings insignia glittering on the back.

Flipping down the visor she followed Robin and Superboy once the trucks took off. Laser focused on driving since she hadn't had a lot of experience in this field. Usually riding on the back of Canary's bike with her during patrol.

"If dislike is the opposite of like..." Kate knew where the Boy Wonder was going with this and let out a quiet groan. More than annoyed with the boy's tendency to dismantle the English language.

"Not this again bird boy." Robin only smirked at her. Kate would have rolled her eyes, but she was scared she would crash.

"...Is disaster the opposite of aster?" Robin finished his question, "See, instead of things going wrong, they go right!" Superboy didn't respond, and Kate only spared him a second before her eyes and concentration were back on the road. "Uh, clearly, you're not feeling the aster. What's wrong?"

"Canary, I mean what business does she have teaching combat skills to a guy with super strength?" Superboy vented. Kate's eyes narrowed, the girl having to fight the urge to ram into him and knock him off the road, knowing it would hurt her more than it would him.

The blonde sent the clone a scathing look, "I'm sorry, did your ego get a little bruise? You have super hearing too asshole, don't make me use it against you." Kate snapped, before she sped up to get away from him, riding up on the side of the truck. Ignoring Robin's calls over the comms in her helmet.

"Taking down stronger guys is part of the gig. Canary learned that the hard way, so did Goldfinch, Batman, and well... me." Superboy didn't want to hear the wise words, speeding up like the blonde and getting closer to the back of the truck. Robin only sighed and switched over to a private channel between just him and Goldfinch.

"He didn't mean that. He's just embarrassed about training."

"Well, he said it, sounded like he meant it. He wants to badmouth BC? Fine. Just tell him that if he does it in front of me ever again, it'll be the last thing he ever does, super strength or not." Kate spit, her voice turning from enraged to dark at the end as she threatened the clone. Knowing damn well he can hear her. Comm or not.

Suddenly loud, tinny laughter filled the air as-

"Are those... monkeys?" Kate asked a little creeped out, and in complete shock. This was supposed to be an easy, quiet mission. Get the goods from point A to point B, like good little post-carriers.

So much for that.

"Robin, Goldfinch, Superboy, our truck is under attack!" Aqualad's urgent voice came over the comms.

"Kind of figured." Robin answered sassily.

"You have got to be kidding me." Kate huffed as more robotic monkeys piled onto their truck.

"I hate monkey's." Superboy growled.

"Good, you can hate on them instead of people who are only trying to help you." Kate vocally jabbed the clone, hitting the auto-pilot button on her cycle, lifting up her helmet visor, and slowly climbing onto the seat as the truck swerved.