Chapter Twenty: Panera and Salt

...Yikes

I love you guys I swear lmao

----------------------------

"Sasuke no, you don't understand. I'm literally dying."

"Sakura we've only been out for an hour and fifteen minutes please stop hyperventilating."

"I can't because I never exercise this much!" I complained.

"You were on the varsity soccer team!" He exclaimed and taped up another poster.

"That was five years ago."

"Shut up and I'll buy you lunch."

"Can we go to Panera?" I asked eagerly.

"I suppose we can," he sighed.

We'd been walking around our assigned section of Tokyo passing out flyers and asking people if they'd seen the wanted criminal before. We had no luck so far, but we had to keep going until we found someone with information or until the end of the day. I was hoping we'd find someone who knew fairly easily since there were so many people in Tokyo, but no one knew a thing.

It was a frustrating day, how is it that no one knows anything?! There's so many people, there has to be at least ONE person that knows something!

Sasuke looked over at me and scrunched up his eyebrows.

"You good?" He inquired.

I ran a hand through my pink hair in frustration, "No, not really."

He showed a flyer to a passerby and asked if they knew the man in the picture, to which they shook their head and mumbled an apology and kept on their way.

He sighed at that and returned his attention to me.

He didn't even have to speak for me to know what he wanted, so I answered without giving him time to ask.

"It's that! The fact that there are millions of people in Tokyo, but no one seems to recognize him! I'm sorry but it's getting extremely frustrating that we haven't had any progress in almost two hours."

He raised an eyebrow and pulled me to the side of the street so we wouldn't be in anyone's way. However, with Tokyo being such a large city, sidewalks were crowded constantly and the only way we wouldn't be in anyone's way is if he was extremely close. He was almost pinning me against a wall, but at the same time he wasn't.

He was too close, but I didn't want to move.

'That's right babe!! Live in the illusion!' screamed inner.

I told her to shut up and instead focused on what he was saying.

"-no way that we could make progress in a...are you even listening to me?"

I shook my head, "I wasn't paying attention I'm sorry, you're just kind of close and it's distracting."

He looked surprised with the honesty, but continued after an apology.

"I was saying that you were right on how big this city is, so there's no way we'd make progress this early in. Tokyo is ridiculously large, we've only seen a few hundred out of millions, it would take weeks if not months to make solid progress. You're new to this and this is your first big case, so I don't expect you to be patient the first time, but I promise we'll make progress eventually. Don't stress and focus on what's really important."

I blinked as he pulled away a fraction, he was right and I was kind of being a child.

I looked down and mumbled an apology.