008

Evelyn and Percy glanced around at their surroundings, a very eerie amusement park that was called Waterland.

"I haven't seen a lot of horror movies but this seems like exactly the kind of place they'd suggest to avoid," Percy stated.

"I haven't seen any kind of movie" Evelyn revealed, she was raised in an orphanage with no devices, then put into a camp also with no devices. "I'll have to take your word for it."

"Any kind?" Percy gaped. "Like, never, never?"

"Never."

"Well if neither of us is dead in a few days, we really ought to fix that, you're missing out big time." Percy shrugged as Evelyn smiled at his suggestion "In the meantime, we should probably get this over with though"

The boy walked in front, towards the metal gate, he began turning the rusty gate, the screeching sound filling the air

"Wait! Percy stop!" Evelyn called out. The top of the entrance revealed some type of machine that was surely a trap for demigods. 

"Wait, what just happened?" Percy panicked, looking up.

"Hold still," Evelyn advised. "Just give me a second," She inspected the machine, noticing a very familiar metal in there. "In the mechanism there, I think that's celestial bronze."

"Oh how fascinating" Percy commented, his tone sarcastic. "Eve, what is happening right now?"

"Annabeth told me this. Celestial bronze is what your sword is made of. If you're human it'll pass right through you. If you're a monster or a demigod..." Evelyn explained. 

"Well, what's it doing here?" Percy questioned.

"Good question," Evelyn nodded. "I think it's safe to say this is not just some amusement park, a god built this"

"What kind of god builds amusement parks?" Percy furrowed his brows.

"My mom's husband, Hephaestus," Evelyn answered, her eyes narrowing as she studied the intricate trap designed by the god of craftsmanship.

"Why would Hephaestus build an amusement park?" Percy looked back at her.

"Maybe he finds them amusing?" Evelyn jokes. "That's really not funny Eve."

"It's a little funny" the girl shrugged, the machine was still screeching and turning. "Wow, if Annie was here, she'd be amazed."

"Eve!"

"Okay, okay." She sighed and started muttering to herself, "What would Annie do...think what she would do..."

Percy frowned at her mutters, noticing Evelyn tended to doubt herself a lot. Before he could say anything, she spoke louder this time, "Okay! I got it. Just push through."

"Push?" Evelyn nodded, "Yep."

"But weren't you the one this morning who was all worried that the fates said that one of us is going to die and we should take it really seriously?" Percy remembered.

Evelyn was getting annoyed now, "Percy?"

"Yeah?"

"Push through it," Evelyn demanded with charmspeak as he listened to her and began moving the gate and Percy finally passed, stepping into the amusement part as Evelyn heard a ding from his side, there was the number 1 now in place

"What was that?" Percy looked up.

"I don't think it's designed to hurt us, it's meant to scare us. It's a test" Evelyn explained, following after Percy. The same ding could be heard as the 1 changed into a 2. "Hephaestus wanted to know if someone came poking around his playground. So I guess now he knows"