012

Evelyn and Grover waited outside the mattress store, waiting for Percy and Annabeth to be done with their plan. 

"What happened on the truck?" Grover suddenly asked and Evelyn opened her mouth to brush it off but he cut her off, "And don't lie to me. I can tell something's bothering you. 

Evelyn sighed, there was no getting out of this now. "I heard a prophecy, it was like the Oracle back at camp but it was different. It wasn't someone I knew, but it sounded familiar at the same time." She didn't mention her first dream, or the voice she's been hearing.  

"You had a prophecy? Even when we're away from camp?" His eyes widened with surprise. Evelyn recited the prophecy to him and a beat of silence passed, before Grover spoke up again, "The revived anemone? The dove?"

Evelyn sighed again, "I don't know what it was talking about. I didn't get a chance to fully think it over but I'm definitely the dove who's gonna be in despair. Fun"

"It probably won't turn out that way. Like Chiron says, prophecies always have a double meanings, so there shouldn't be too much worry." Grover reassured her 

Evelyn still had her doubts, "I'll just talk to him once we get back, I guess." she turned to him, "Don't tell Annabeth or Percy."

Grover looked at her, confused, "Why not?"

She shook her head, "Just don't, please." and Grover nodded at this, agreeing not to tell the other two. 

Evelyn looked towards the door, "Should we check if they're done?"

Grover nodded and they headed to the door, peaking their heads in. The store doorbell started ringing as Grover asked, "Is it over now?"

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The four stood in front of a wooden door that said, "Do not enter." A shame they have to ignore it.

"Are we sure this is the right way?" Percy asked.

Grover went up to the door, opening it and getting a gush full of wind to his face. He coughed and took a few steps back, "It's either the realm of the dead or someone left a carton of milk there from the 1990s."

Evelyn noticed Grover's panicked state and looked around to find a red ball on the counter to calm him down. She took it and passed it to Grover, "Better now?"

Grover squeezed the ball, making squeaky noises, "Better."

Percy rummaged in his pocket, "If we get into trouble..." he pulled out five pearls, "These are our tickets out." 

"No one's turning back till we all come back," Annabeth spoke, as that weird guy Percy and Annabeth dealt with earlier (Crusty?) shouted, "No one comes back!"

Annabeth shouted back, "Dude! Don't make me come back there." Annabeth nudged Evelyn, silently asking her to use charmspeak, "Stay quiet Crusty! "

Percy spoke up, "We have no idea what's down there." he started to give the pearls to them, "I just think it's safer if I'm not the one holding them."

Evelyn looked down at the pearl in her hands, before putting it in her pocket and looked at Percy, "Let's go get your mom."

Annabeth walked up to the door first, followed by the rest of them

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Hello! Sorry for the short chapter and delay, I have exams to study for but I wanted to at least get an update out.