Bonus IV

Every time someone talked about Evelyn when she wasn't there lol

Percy watched the campers training around him as he walked through a field with Luke. "You're gonna love this." Luke said with a smile, "Camp-wide, mock warfare, all glory to victors." He gestured to Annabeth who was standing a few feet away from them, watching over some of her siblings training. "Annabeth's the head counsellor of the Athena cabin. She's led our team to three straight wins. Been a long time since anyone's won a fourth."

"She was there in the bathroom." Percy said, "She said both she and Eve were waiting for it to happen." 

"Both of them sees the world differently. Annabeth is always six steps ahead of everyone else." Luke explained. "With Eve, well. there's a reason why we call her the princess of the camp.She may be caring towards everyone, but she can easily turn cold in a heartbeat." Luke finished, looking around at their surroundings. "And you should cut Annabeth a break." Luke said, looking back at Percy.

"Whose side are you on anyways?" Percy asked.

"Oh, theirs. Always." Luke answered instantly, "They're my little sisters." Percy looked at the older boy in confusion. They didn't have the same parents, godly or not, so what did Luke mean?"

Luke noticed Percy's confusion, "Maybe I should back up a little." Luke started to explain. "Before camp, I was on the road. Me and a forbidden kid I met along the way. Her name was Thalia." 

Percy remembered hearing that name in Evelyn and Grover's conversation before him and Chiron interrupted them with their presence. "And what does that mean? Forbidden?" Percy asked. 

"A long time ago, Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades agreed their children were becoming too powerful, so they made a pact not to father any more. And it held for a long time, until Zeus broke that pact." Luke paused for a moment before picking up again. "Until Thalia. A forbidden kid attracts trouble. Monsters everywhere, it's just a constant battle to stay alive."

Percy started to realize that this story probably wouldn't have a happy ending. Also the fact that he hasn't met this Thalia girl also was a big hint. 

"One day, we, uh, find this little girl hiding in an alley. Annabeth. We were worried about taking her in, exposing her to all that danger. Then we saw her fight." Luke chuckled, remembering the seven-year old before his face turned grim. "Thalia didn't make it. But Annabeth and me... we did. And we've been family ever since."

Luke and Percy noticed Evelyn making her way over to the field, and a small smile overtook his face. "Then this little princess shows up suddenly in the woods surrounded by birds a year later and joins our little family."

Percy watched the Aphrodite girl tie a black bandana on her head and then noticed Annabeth's eyes on him, "Well, Annabeth's been watching me since I got here. Why?"

"Annabeth and Eve are the strongest warriors at camp." Luke began, watching Evelyn before turning his eyes back on Percy. "Eve already proved herself since she went on a mini-quest when she was ten. But for Annabeth, the only way left for her to prove herself is to go on a quest."

"And what does this have to do with me?" Percy questioned, he didn't get why he was so important to Annabeth's need to go on a quest. 

"Chiron's been promising her for years. One day, a demigod would arrive who was fated to go on a quest that even Chiron couldn't prevent. And when that happened, she could join it." Luke explained as the two boys watched Evelyn sneak up on Annabeth with the intent of scaring her. "Every new arrival, Annabeth watches, looking for a sign they're the one. Usually, she gives up after a day or two, but she's still watching you. She also drags Eve into it but Eve helps her to not get too excited." Luke let out a small laugh, as they watch Evelyn place her hands suddenly on Annabeth's shoulder, making the girl jump and hit Evelyn on the arm. 

Percy turned to look at Luke "Can you or Eve ask her to knock it off?" Percy asked, and Evelyn turned her eyes on Percy and Luke, waving at them with a smile. 

Luke waved back, and turned back to Percy. "Yeah, sure. But what if she's right?"

Percy sighed as he looked at Evelyn, her smile suited her well. He noticed how she had a certain gleam in her eyes as she turned to look at him, their eyes meeting each other. 

The conch shell blew, signaling the start of the game, and they broke eye contact to look at Chiron. "Heroes... it's time."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"The god wants you to believe that, that they are infallible, but they only want what all bullies want, they want us to blame ourselves for their own shortcomings" 

"That is not what happened and you are a liar," Annabeth said, and Percy saw Evelyn giving her a look to tone it down.

"Something's burning," Medusa sighed, getting up. "Would you give me a hand in the kitchen Percy? I think lunch is ready."

Percy looked over at the three, Annabeth was shaking her head no, Grover was still stuffing his face and Evelyn wasn't making eye contact with anyone. The boy stood up, leaving his friends behind as he followed Medusa, and the two walked away to the kitchen. 

"She's not usually like that," Percy spoke to Medusa who had her back turned to him, "I mean, a little bit. She is, but that was a lot, and Eve usually keeps her in check-"

Medusa cut him off, "She's going to betray you. Sooner or later, people like her, they always do."

"I don't think she's like that." Percy defended Annabeth. Sure, they weren't on the best of terms but seeing how she's so close with Evelyn, Annabeth doesn't seem to be that type of person."

"Then both you and Evelyn will be a easy mark for her when the time comes." 

"Eve? What does she have to do with this? Both her and Annabeth are close." Percy questioned Medusa.

"That girl, her love will be her demise." Medusa said with what it sounded like pity, "She reminds me of my old self. So sincere, yet her efforts will never bear the fruit that she deserves."

Percy furrowed his brows, "What do you care?" He had a feeling Medusa's words about Evelyn had another meaning to them, but he didn't know what it meant.

"Your mother and I, we're like sisters in a way." Medusa seemed to be reminiscing about something, "Targeted by the same monster. So I find myself feeling protective of you."

"A monster?" Percy repeated her words. His dad? A monster? "My mom never talked about my dad that way."

Medusa's voice changed, "Where is she now, your mother?" She countered back, "Is she safe? No. She's not. And do you trust your friends to help you make her safe?"

Percy started to back away towards the door. Medusa was trying to drive a wedge between them, and he didn't want to stick around to hear the rest of it.

"Will they let you make her safe if it conflicts with their quest?" Medusa's voice faded, as Percy got out of the kitchen and ran back to the dining room. He rushed into the room, and the other three looked up in surprise at his hurried self. 

"We need to go."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

I miss writing :( I just did this silly thing but the part with Medusa is actually important to Eve's story so :p

Would you guys like it if I did another female oc but with book! percy? I'm thinking maybe a daughter of Zeus or Apollo