Chapter Six: A Nosy Mother is A Suspicious Mother. So I'll Just Lie.

I'm so excited with how this story is going! I'm up to three hundred reads and almost fifty votes! I wonder if I could get this onto the What's Hot list? That would be awesome!

If you want, go check out my Facebook page! There's a link on my profile. Go and LIKE it! That would be awesome. Don't forget to FAN me too.

---------------------------

The rest of the evening at Dalton's house was enjoyable. After his little question, I couldn't wipe the stupid grin off of my face. Dalton was different from other around here and he didn't just ignore me. He was like a knight in shining armor, though he wore work boots and a camouflage hat.

My smile was quick to disappear once I stepped through the door of my home.

"Where were you?" My mother sat at the kitchen table, she was sipping on tea while reading a gossip magazine. Peaches was on the front of the magazine, no surprise there. My mother always bought the magazines with Peaches on the cover or anywhere on the inside. It's been tallied that any magazine that had Peaches on the cover sold a great amount of copies. Most were sold to fans who just adored the amazing and talented girl. Too much sarcasm? Nah.

"I told you, I had work all afternoon then I had to go do a couple things." I lied easily. My mother never noticed if I was lying through my teeth or not. So something simple would always work.

"Like what?"

"Why does it matter?"

"Because, you're never out this late." Wow, she actually noticed that I was gone past ten. No wonder, she thought that something was up. Though, if she know who I was really hanging out with though. Then she would want to meet Dalton. Dalton is nice, sweet, adorable, and attractive. Which means my mother will want Peaches to date the pretty boy. Peaches wasn't taking Dalton from me. That's for sure. I was sick of them always taking things away from me.

"I went out after work with a friend I know at work. I went shopping with her. She needed help and didn't want to go alone. There, you happy?"

"See, was that so hard?" She then glanced up at me from the magazine. "I feel sorry for the girl, you have terrible taste." And there was the insult. I glanced at myself. T-shirt, jeans, and flats. Maybe I should think a little more on what I was going to be wearing for now on. Especially since I'm getting closer to Dalton. I should dress up just a little bit for him.

"Good luck fixing that," My mother continued to stare at the magazine. I didn't know whether she was taking to me or at the magazine. My thoughts told me not to even bother about it.

I was done talking to my mother and left the kitchen without another word.

I got up early the next day for work. My life was a repeat button and I was used to it. The house was quiet, which meant that Peaches had nothing going on today. Otherwise she would be up and about getting ready for where ever she was going. Peaches was always going somewhere. Today must have been a shopping day for her. She went shopping monthly and sometimes more then that.

I tip-toed downstairs and headed out the door. Surprisingly I didn't wake up the two sleeping bears this morning. Score one for me. Score zero for possible yelling and shouting.

"Hey Darling," A smile came to my face when the two boys came into the diner during the dead hour. I couldn't keep my eyes off of Dalton. He wore his typical attire of dark jeans, boots, a white t-shirt, camouflage hat, and sunglasses. Charlie was dressed almost the same but he wore complete black along with dark sunglasses and tan work boots.

"Hi guys," I smiled and Sean gave me a look. "I'll take them."

"Good, I'm going to order something," Sean smiled before heading back to the kitchen to place his order for lunch. I waited for Dalton and Charlie to sit down at the counter before giving them menus. They both removed their sunglasses.

"Let's just skip to the dessert," Dalton spoke while staring at the display case of treats.

"Or eat something first," I replied. "You can't survive on sweets."

"I think I could," He winked while shamelessly checking me out. I reddened in the cheeks and my stomach felt like a volcano just went off on the inside. Charlie rolled his eyes at his friend.

"Unbelievable," Charlie shook his head. I laughed.

"Alright, what can I get you two to drink?"

"Root beer," They both replied. I nodded my head. I took a mental note to always have root beer ready for them whenever they came in to eat. That was the only drink that they would order.

Once the orders were taken I did my chores around the diner, so that I was doing something. I couldn't talk to the boys the whole time otherwise I could get in trouble.

I wanted to just sit down and talk with them though.

Once the chores were finished, other costumers filed into the diner for a late lunch. Sean got a couple of them and so have I. This was a usual Thursday afternoon and it was probably going to be like this for the rest of the night. Slow and steady.

I could see girls were staring at the boys at the counter when I came out with their food. Though their minds didn't even seem to realize them. It was like they were the only customers in the diner. Maybe this was always like that for them. I'm not surprised. They are both very attractive. Especially Dalton. I could feel a blush creep up onto my cheeks from the thought.

As I sat the dishes out in front of the boys, Dalton asked a question.

"What time are you getting off?"

I glanced at the clock.

"Fifteen minutes actually," I answered noticing that it was a quarter to three.

"Good," Dalton smiled.

"You're coming with us," Charlie rumbled.

"Oh boy," I mumbled jokingly though on the inside I was excited. I wonder where we're going this time. I hope my mother doesn't question me like she did last night. That insult did pinch a bit. "Wait, I have nothing to change into." I said glancing down at my work attire. I was not going somewhere with them in my work attire. That would be worse then my normal clothes.

"We'll just follow you home, change, and we'll head out." It was great that they had patience.

"Okay," I smiled.