The Old Gods, The New Gods & Y/N

COURTYARD,
THE NEXT DAY

Daenerys paces while Xaro watches and Kovarro sits nearby.

"He shouldn't make me wait." Daenerys says impatiently.

"The Spice King is the second wealthiest man in Qarth. He makes everyone wait. Of course, you could have avoided this embarrassment if you married the wealthiest man in Qarth." Xaro tells her.

"She has a husband already." Y/N replies eyeing Xaro.

"Khal Drogo is gone, Witcher. Khaleesi, You are far too young to be a widow forever and far too beautiful." Xaro tells her.

"And you are far too smart to think that I will succumb to your flattery." Daenerys replies looking at him.

"I have traveled very far in my life and met many women, but none that are immune to flattery." Xaro says looking back at her.

"The Mother of Dragons!" Spice Man says as he joins them.

"Ah, here he comes." Xaro says.

The SPICE KING enters, descending a staircase with his entourage.

"Forgive me. I had terrible dreams last night. Terrible dreams. I could not sleep until the sun was shining and the birds were singing. Look what a beauty you are now the Red Waste has been washed off you. I am sorry about all that unpleasantness. The silver hair of a true Targaryen. Xaro Xhoan Daxos, she is far too lovely for a glorified dockworker like yourself." Spice Man says as he descends the staircase.

"Very true, and yet they say that your grandfather, who sold pepper off the back of a wagon, married a lady far lovelier and higher born than himself." Xaro replies.

"Every lady alive was lovelier and higher born than my grandfather. Did my servants not offer you something to eat, to drink? I'll have them flogged in the square." Spice Man says to them.

"Thank you, my lord. You are a gracious host, but there is no servant alive that can bring me what I want." Daenerys replies.

"Oh, she has a talent for drama, this one. So, my little princess, what is it you want?" Spice Man asks.

He manages to piss Y/N off with the "Little princess" comment. Y/N grips Dark Fire lightly as he stares at the man.

"My birthright. The Seven Kingdoms of Westeros." Daenerys answers.

"I fear I'm no better than a servant in this regard. I cannot give you what I do not have." Spice Man says.

"I'm not asking you for the kingdoms. I'm asking you for ships." Daenerys corrects him.

"I need to cross the Narrow Sea. I need my ships as well. I use them, you see, to bring spices from one port to another." Spice Man replies.

"Whatever you grant me now will be repaid three times over when I retake the Iron Throne." Daenerys says.

"Retake? Did you once sit on the Iron Throne?" He asks her.

"My father sat there, before he was murdered." Daenerys answers.

lBut if you did not sit on it yourself, would it not be correct to say "take the Iron Throne"?" He asks her.

"I didn't come here to argue grammar." Daenerys answers growing agitated.

"Of course not. You came to take my ships. So let me explain my position, little princess. Unlike you, I do not have exalted ancestors. I make my living by trade. And I judge every trade on its merits."