17 - Shackles

I felt pathetic. I am pathetic.

Im such a burden.

Troublesome.

They always made so much efforts to protect me, and I can't seem to give them a break. Jungkook looked exhausted, so much so that he had to call Taehyung to deal with me. I felt sorry for him. For all three of my brothers. Sorry that they have such an asshole for a sister. Me.

The worst thing right now wasn't the raging demon in front of me, nor was it the creepy forest I was stuck in. It was the fact that I was being a terrible sister, and then expecting my brothers to act like angels. How ironic.

I didn't move back when Taehyung took steps forward. Didn't avoid eye contact when he maintained it. Didn't let out a single cry when his hand gripped my forearm and pulled me towards him. "I'm trying to be nice to you, byeol. But you won't let me, will you?" He growled.

My stomach churned in nervousness but I said nothing. "I'm sorry" I whispered, not having the courage to raise my voice any higher. "You want to meet mom that bad?" He asked, then moved his head to the side and used his hand to summon a blue portal.

"Go on, meet her. Meet her and make all of our efforts to keep you safe go to fucking waste" He grit his teeth before harshly pushing me towards the portal. "Wh—what?"

One thing I forgot was how painful it is to go through a demonic portal alone as a human. It feels terrible even with demons, I can't imagine how bad it would be without. I looked up at him in horror. "Tae..." my voice trailed off as I tried to inch closer to him and further away from the portal.

"It's not gonna work, byeol. Why can't you just be fucking obedient? Is it that hard to just spend a night sleeping in a bed instead of walking around?" He yells at me, making the whispers of the forest get louder.

"Spend the night here, you're free to walk in the portal whenever you'd like" He spat venom before turning around and walking away. I panicked. "Don't leave!" I yelled out. At that very moment, I heard a loud growl come from behind me. I froze and looked behind and saw a huge werewolf with its pack.

Next thing I know, I'm being chased down by them. I ran around the forest for what felt like hours, but it had barely been a few minutes. It felt suspicious how I could outrun supernatural creatures. I saw Taehyung standing near a tree, his hand behind his back. I didn't care about anything else and ran to hug him.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, im sorry!" I cried, repeating it like a prayer. I heard nothing but a chuckle from him. All of a sudden, the once loud forest turned back into whispers. The wolves had disappeared, and it was just us.

"What did I tell you that day? Regardless of how much you love or hate us, in the end, we'll be the ones you run towards" He said before bending to match my height. "You know this, yet you still want to disobey us and make everyone's life harder... except for dad's. You're walking into a lion's den by disobeying us"

The cold stare he had on me went shivers down my spine. "This won't work" He says, gritting his teeth. "Wh-what?" I asked, confused. What won't work?

"Soft treatment. The only reason you're this disobedient is because you think we won't hurt you... we're gonna have to change that" My face went pale. I knew his kindness was too good to be true.

Within a second, we were teleported back to the sloth palace, but in a new room. "T-Tae... please don't do anything" I said, maintaining a safe distance from him. "This is stupid, Nabi. The way now you always act like the victim in every situation, despite being the reason for your own struggles" He ignored my pleas and only came closer. But his words struck me. He was right.