19

There was chaos everywhere. Taehyung and Jimin Hyung were running around, creating dome after dome around the mansion to protect it. Mom was crying while hugging nabi, and I was in charge of staying with them to make sure nothing happens.

"Don't cry, I'm here" I tried to comfort both of them. Yes I was confident I could protect them, but what if dad had something bigger up his sleeve? It was only that anxiety that was making me uneasy. I could hear Jimin hyung's voice in my head.

Send nabi to the library. Only nabi

"Byeol, go to the library, right now" I instructed her. "A—alone? Jungkook, you have to go with her!" Mom demands, but I assured her that nabi will be safe. I had to be there to take care of mom. Nabi slowly walked out of my sight. The only reason I wasn't after her was because of the shackle Taehyung had put on her.

He can get to her if he needs to.

Nabi's POV

The moment I left Jungkook, the building started to shake violently. The ceiling was slowly crumbling, bits of it falling down onto me paired with a ton of dust. I ignored it to the best I could, my only focus being finding the library. After avoiding countless falling substances, I finally reached the library that was surprisingly more intact than any other part of the house.

Jimin was standing there, and the moment he saw me, he dragged me by the arm and shoved me into an opening in a bookshelf. "You will stay here and you shall only move if you hear my voice. And my voice only. Is that understood?" He asks sternly to which I nodded without hesitation. "Y—you're leaving me alone?" I stuttered in fear.

"I'll be back soon. I need to take care of some stuff" He states before leaving, and closing the bookshelf entrance.

The amount of fear I had within me was inexplicable. My heart was hammering against my chest with no mercy. Images of my dad and his victims flooded my head, along with a vision of me being a part of his collection. His trophy. His possession.

I was terrified to the core. Despite coming from a demonic family, I found myself praying to the almighty to save me. Although nothing was happening in the cabin I was stuck in, the chaos on the other side was audible. Shutting my ears and eyes in hopes of forgetting the situation I was in did nothing to soothe the anxiety in me.

"Nabi come out" I heard a voice from the other end. Jungkook.

I felt relieved knowing he was on the other end of the door. I reached out to the handle to open, but then paused.

"You will stay here and you shall only move if you hear my voice. And my voice only"

Jimin's words rang in my ears. If i were to only attend to all my brothers, Jimin would've mentioned that in his instructions, but he didn't. He emphasised. himself. I retracted her hand from the door handle and tucked myself into a corner, slapping a hand on my mouth as my eyes started pooling with salty, saline liquid.

"No..." i whispered underneath my breath. "Nabi, it's Jungkook. Open the fucking door!" I heard him scream from the other end. I shook ny head, though he couldn't see it. Jimin had clearly instructed me what to do, and this time, i wasn't going to disappoint my brothers. I rocked myself back and forth, hoping whoever was on the other end would simply give up.

All of a sudden, there was a bloodcurdling scream from the other end, followed by what sounded like splatters of blood. I held my screams in and forced them into my palms. "Useless!" I heard someone mock from the other end. This time the voice was different. It didn't sound like Jungkook. It sounded like my father.

A million different thoughts started running through my head. What if the man who initially called out for me was actually Jungkook? What if that blood splatter and scream came from him because dad hurt him? There was a loud thud. The door to the cabinet was moving a lot. Dad was pushing against it, trying to break it.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐍𝐞𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬 || 𝐀 𝐁𝐓𝐒 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐚𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 🎉