◇part 2◇

Janan Pov:

I was in the hospital checking some patients, and my phone rang it was Maghrib prayer time I went into the washroom of my room to make ablution After I was done I started to pray. It was a relief, I finished my prayer and went to see another patient. It was my turn to check on Mr David, I sighed and knocked on the door a voice came, come in.

"Oh my Allah forgive me why his voice is so melodious, he looks like a rough tough guy but his voice is..." I slapped myself mentally and said, "Astaghfirullah Janan Astaghfirullah
AUZUBILLAH MINASHAITAN NIRAJEEM"( "I seek refuge in Allah from the outcast Shaitan".)

I twisted the door knob and went in Ramin was sitting on the sofa beside the bed of Mr David. He was holding his phone and looking at me his eyes were sparkling we had eye contact, so I looked away from him and went to check Mr David. I was checking his blood pressure. "How are you feeling now Mr David," I asked him politely.
He smiled at me and said, "I am doing good my daughter." I smiled at his sentence. "Your blood pressure is normal Mr David," I looked at the machine and said. I took a glance at Ramin he was still looking at me, I looked away and said, "Ask me if you need anything Mr David." he hummed in response.

I was leaving but suddenly I heard Ramin's voice, "Why do you cover yourself like this?" he asked. I looked directly into his eyes and said, "In Islam, we say women are precious, we are the creation of Allah and he said, "And do not display your beauty" No common man has the right to look at our beauty as we hide it from them. You're also a man, you know very well how men look at women, our beloved prophet Pbuh said, if you know how a man looks at you, you will wear iron armour to hide yourself. I am doing parda for myself and Allah. And it's not just for women Allah says in Quran An-Nur 24:30

"قُل لِّلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَغُضُّوا۟ مِنْ أَبْصَٰرِهِمْ وَيَحْفَظُوا۟ فُرُوجَهُمْۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَزْكَىٰ لَهُمْۗ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ خَبِيرٌۢ بِمَا يَصْنَعُونَ
Tell the believing men to reduce [some] of their vision[1] and guard their private parts.[2] That is purer for them. Indeed, Allāh is [fully] Aware of what they do."

"And with Him are the keys of the unseen; none knows them except Him."(6:59)
Verily, Allah is All-Knower, All-Aware." (31:34)
"If he said something there are specific reasons behind it and we trust our Lord."

He was looking at me with an amazed look. He was silently staring at me. "You know your religion very well my daughter", Mr David interrupted. I smiled and said, "Alhamdulillah." I left from there I closed the door, and I sighed.

It was already 8 pm I was leaving from hospital to the bus stop my neighbour was my colleague and also my best friend so it was easy for me to go home fearlessly.
I was sitting on a bench when suddenly a car came and stopped near me, the window slid down. "Ramin"
He smiled at me and said, "Yeah it's me, my princess." I rolled my eyes at his sentence and said, "What are you doing here?" he smirked and said, "I was worried about you, I can't leave you alone my princess." I Laughed sarcastically and said, "Mr moron you are wasting mine and your time, so please leave me alone." he made a cute pout and said, "Why do you talk with me like this hmm." ya Allah what is happening to my heart I never felt like this before what is happening, his voice and that little pout was melting me.

"Janan don't forget what Allah said in Quran Al-Ahzab 33:32
If you fear Allāh, then do not be soft in speech [to men],[1] lest he in whose heart is disease should covet, but speak with appropriate speech."
I was silent, he was still there, "Janan"
He called my name in his melodious voice. "Ya Allah don't let me fall for what is not meant for me."

"What?" I asked
"Take care of yourself I am going hmm," he said in a concerned voice.
I was going to answer him but my bus came, I went in and he was still looking at me I took a glance at him and sighed. The bus started, and his car was fading from my view. I sat on the nearer empty seat. I was doing my Zikr while closing my eyes. After some time we reached our destination, my friend Zahra and I walked toward our house. Her house comes before me, "Allah hafiz sweetheart," I said. we hugged and she went in and I also left.