chapter 14: lady's confession

As I sat cutely on the table, my feet dangling in an almost comical contrast to the intense battles I often found myself in, Lady bustled around the kitchen, preparing lunch with a touch of affection that hadn't escaped my notice.

Lady glanced over her shoulder, a playful smile softening her typically stern features.

Lady:You know, Kai, it's hard to believe sometimes that you're the same person caught up in all those demon fights. You look like you should be in a mid school , not wielding devil arms.

I chuckled, a hint of embarrassment coloring my cheeks.

Me:Yeah, I can't deny the  body has its downsides. Makes it hard to be taken seriously.

Lady chuckled in response.

Lady:Well, Dante's always been a wildcard, and somehow, he managed to rub off on you. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be making lunch for a demon-hunting kid.

As she continued to work in the kitchen, I let my mind wander back to the time when I first crossed paths with Dante. His carefree, devil-may-care attitude had indeed left an impression on me, reshaping my perspective on life and battles.

Me:You know, Lad

I began, a thoughtful expression on my face,

Me:Dante's influence has changed me in more ways than one. It's not just about fighting demons; it's about finding joy in the small things, like a good meal or a moment of camaraderie.

Lady paused in her cooking, turning to face me with a raised eyebrow.

Lady:Joy in the small things, huh? I never thought I'd hear that from someone who regularly takes on demons and supernatural threats.

She isn't lying tho

I grinned, swinging my legs playfully.

Me:Well, it's all about balance, right? Life can be tough, but finding happiness in the little moments makes it worthwhile. Dante taught me that.

Lady returned my smile, a hint of warmth in her eyes.

Lady:I suppose you're right, Kai. Sometimes, amidst all the chaos, we need those small moments of joy to keep us going.

As the aroma of the lunch Lady was preparing filled the room, a sudden wave of introspection swept over me. I leaned back on the table, my feet no longer swinging, and a somber expression settled on my face.

"Lady," I began, my voice carrying a weight of experiences and memories,

Me:it's strange how life takes unexpected turns. Once upon a time, I chased the idea of being a hero, thinking it would lead me to a better life. Little did I know that it would lead me down a path filled with demons, devil arms, and a world far removed from the one I thought I knew.

Lady turned off the stove and gave me her full attention.

Lady:Life has a way of surprising us, doesn't it? But it sounds like there's more to this than just a change in career goals. What happened, Kai?

I took a deep breath, the memories of my past flashing before me.

Me:My family was abusive, and my life in Union Academy was nothing short of a nightmare. I grew to despise everything associated with heroism, devilkind, and huntsmen. It's ironic, isn't it? I set out to be a hero to escape a painful life, only to find myself entangled in a world filled with its own set of challenges and dangers.

Lady approached, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

Lady: I  had no idea you went through all that. It explains the hatred for devils, huntsmen, and heroes. But, Kai, you don't have to face those demons alone. We're here for you.