pyar dosti hain?

Shubman was dumbstruck.

His brain could not comprehend what Shreyas had just said.

Everyone knows...everyone knows WHAT? That I love Ishan? No. No. No. How can I fall in LOVE with Ishan? What to do now...? Does Ishan know too? But why does it matter? I'm not actually in love, right?

Shreyas snapped in front of him get him out of his reverie.

"Now what happened? Don't tell me you are shocked.  I mean the way you look at Ishan,damn. You always look at him when you make a joke, to see if he is laughing or not. You always crave for his validation whenever you score a century or play an appreciative innings. You always call him whenever something great happens! What more proof do you need, boy?!"

"But isn't that what best friends do?" Shubman's voice cracked.

"Ughh, Shub, you are unbelievable! I already feel bad for Ishan for having to deal with you for the rest of his life."

"Yaaar Shreyas bhai-"

"What? I'm speaking the truth!
Listen, I'm happy that Sara saw the truth herself and tried to enlighten your eyes as well. But oh, you are way too blind to even understand what lies in in front of your eyes!"

-----------------------

Ishan was sitting alone in his room. He has been thinking a lot this past week.
He was looking outside the window when his phone vibrated. He checked it.

It was a message from Sara.

Oh god, what is it again? I hope Shub has not said anything stupid to her while defending me. I can't face a petty Sara right now.

It was at this moment that he realised he was quite afraid of Sara after that call.
He thought to himself,
"why should I be scared of my friend? A lot of things happen in the heat of the moment!
I should not hold grudges against her for that one call. She must  have been feeling a lot of emotions then..."

So he checked the message.

"I'm sorry, Ishan. I shouldn't have said those things to you that day. I think by now you know what happened that day, so I drunk a little on my way home and there you go...!

But whatever had happened was momentary. Please don't take any of that to your heart.

Let's just say I have someone wise in my life who helped me realise my mistake.

And trust me Ishan, after that I did not have the courage to even apologize to you...

Once again, I'm so sorry, Ishan! 💕"

Ishan smiled at the text. He replied,

"Arrey it's okay, Sara! I completely understand that...and to be honest, I'm really sorry on Shubman's behalf.

And, mind explaining on the "someone wise"? 👀"

Sara replied within a minute.
"Let's just say I realized pyar dosti hain... 🙈" she replied.

________________

"Pyar dosti hain! Do you realize that, Shub?" Shreyas continued his lecture, refusing to give up.

"B-but what I'm supposed to do now?"

Shreyas was looking out of the window. He looked at  Shubman, smiling ear to ear.

"So you agree?" he said.

"About what?"

"That you love Ishan."