peace

India won the ODI and test series against South Africa and balanced the T20 series.

That called for a celebration.

And celebration meant party for the ICT!
And party meant practical jokes,pranks.

So, quite obviously, Ishan and Shubman, the certified pranksters of the team, were in action.

After sprinkling salt into Shreyas' drink, they got a minute long lecture from Rohit bhaiya, but they couldn't care less about it.

Even Rohit knew that, and deep down even he wanted them to continue with their little pranks and jokes.That cheered up the whole atmosphere of the team.

Virat, as usual, joined the kids in their mischiefs.

"Ughh, when will this grown up kid have some sense and act like a senior?!" Rohit groaned.

"Just admit that the kids like me more than you, dumbo!" Virat snorted.

"Yeah, they like you so much that they
stuck a matchstick to your ear!" Rohit joked.

Virat, now turning to the mischievous pair, said," itna bara dhoka?! See,from now on,I will never help you put icebags under Rohit's blanket!"

"Oh, so you are the people who kept doing that! Huh?"

A chaotic banter followed after that.

The ICT laughed and genuinely enjoyed together for the first time since the world cup loss.

It was a playful and chill evening.

As the night sipped in, the weather got worse. It rained heavily with lightning strikes every now and then

But none of that was audible in the bar due to the loud music. So, the team kept dancing the night away in the bar.

Kuldeep and Chahal, the inseparable soulmates, were on top of their spirits. They didn't leave the dance floor for even one second.

"baapre Yuzi bhai, agar bhabi dekh li toh kya hoga? Calm down yaar!" Siraj joked.

"It's all platonic you know, Siraj? Too bad you don't have any good friends to feel it!" Kuldeep slapped back.

When the team finally came out of the bar at around midnight, the weather had calmed down a little. But it was still raining.

Few of the players wanted to go back in using the rain as an excuse, but Rohit's glance was enough for them to stop.

Within a few minutes, the team was going back to their hotel in seperate cars.

Ishan and Shubman, of coarse, were in the same car. Both of them were heavily drunk.

Shubman's eyes couldn't help but look at Ishan. He was looking so intimidating , while looking out of the window, at the moon.

"Shubi, look at the moon, it's so gorgeous!"

"Not more than you." Shubman almost said this, but controlled himself.

He rather moved towards the window to see the moon.

"yeah, it's so pretty!"

The car driver was very confused hearing their conversation. Where did they find the moon in a stormy night?
The only sources of light were the streetlights.

"But Ish, why are there multiple moons along the road?" Shubman asked quite innocently.

"I don't know maybe the moons are having their own party tonight!"

"Ohh...the moons must be like us only, then."

"Do we think we are bestfriends in the moon-dimension too, Shubi?"

"We are bestfriends in every universe, Ish."

After that, they started singing a song on the way, much to the driver's annoyance.

Their car was the last to reach the hotel.

The team members, tired from the night, had already gone into their rooms.

Ishan and Shubman were walking on the lawn together.

The rain had stopped by then. But the soothing damp smell of it lingered in the air.

Shubman felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

He took it out.

"Ish, someone called 'Sara' is asking me to go on a date with her this Friday. Stranger Danger! What should I say?"

"Sara? She's your girlfriend Shub! I think you drank a bit too much." Ishan said, laughing.

"How can you suddenly surmise her to be my girlfriend when I'm in love with you?"
Shubman said but Ishan had already gone into the hotel.