revelation

After reaching his home, Ishan had a grand welcome by his family and friends.

His childhood friends came over to his house.
So, the evening was a really enjoyable one.

At night, after everyone went to their respective houses, Ishan took his phone out to call Shubman. He wanted to ask Shubman about his date with Sara, just like he always did.

But, to his surprise, Shubman did not pick up the phone.
He sighed and thought he would call Shubman the next day.

He was about to turn off his phone and charge it, when a notification popped up.

It was from Arjun Tendulkar, his MI teammate.

"Can you call?"

Ishan, who had no plans anyways, called Arjun.

He was quite surprised at Arjun wanting to call him at this hour, his sixth sense was worrying if it was about the date.

To his relief, it wasn't.

It was just about a movie recommendation for the weekend.

Apparently, Arjun and Sara were supposed to have a movie night that day.

And Ishan, who was the certified bollywood geek, was the best person to take recommendations from.

After a casual chat, just when Ishan was about to say "goodnight", someone entered Arjun's room.

Ishan could hear through the devices,

" oh, di, you are here? I was taking movie recommendations from Ishan bhaiya...get ready for our movie night,dii!"

Ishan wondered if Sara didn't reply to this, or if it was just a technical issue.

"wait, are you crying? What happened? Did something happen in your date?"

Sara did not reply to this too. She said,

"Arjun, are you talking to Ishan? Let me talk to him for a minute."

"yeah, sure...but-"

"I meant to talk to him alone, Arjun."

Arjun, ever the obedient brother, immediately left the room.

On the other side, Ishan was quite surprised. He had no idea why Sara would suddenly want to talk to him,
that too when she is crying.

Something in the back of his mind told him it was about her date with Shubman, but he tried to stay as optimistic as possible.

"why would she ask me about her date with Shubman?!" He said to himself.

"Hey, Ishan are you there?" Sara's voice brought him out of his thoughts. Her voice sounded bold.

"Yeah, Sara, what,'s up? Are you alright? How's your family?"

"My family's alright, Ishan. And I should ask you this question honestly. Are you alright?"

"yeah, I am but why though?"

"I heard you had your flight back to Patna today. And people here are quite worried about you."

"I-I don't understand what you're saying, Sara."

Sara and Ishan had been friends even before Shubman stormed into their lives. But Ishan had never seen Sara be so petty. He hoped it wasn't about Shubman.

"What I meant to say is, Shubman was quite worried about you. So much so, that he was often zoning out of our date. I hope you have already talked to him, Ishan?"

Ishan was quite stunned. It's simple that bestfriends would be concerned about one another.

Why is Sara making such a big deal out of it?
Does that mean Shub has done something  even more stupid? shit. He must have. Otherwise Sara wouldn't be so petty.

All he felt was anger towards Shubman for putting him in such an embarrassing and awkward situation.

"Sara, I get that he was worried about me. If that caused any disturbance in your date, I'm sorry for that. Anyways, it's getting late, so goodnight."

He immediately hung up.
He was not ready to hear what had Shubman done that made Sara this mad.

He hoped everything would get better with time.