Chapter 11: Breaking

I apologize greatly for the LONG hiatus.
I hope you enjoy this chapter.
Please forgive me.

The day after.. (It is now Saturday)

"You have one week to practice," Zach said. "I wish you all my best wishes, for after all, you are my favorite period."

This is it, the moment I've been yearning for. The Minecraft Olympics! Survival games, vanilla survival, redstone, so many events just waiting in one week's time.

(this is the point where i left off a year earlier [today it is june 23 2015])

I was alone in my dorm, clicking away at the keyboard in preparation for the Olympics. Seto left heading to Gamers' Hall, presumably playing with Kyle. It felt weird not having someone else to talk to while gaming. No one to hear my screams of triumph and of agony. Sighing, I logged off and looked at my belongings around the room.

"Two more days.." I said aloud. It felt like a minute that would pass by without any kind of warning. I didn't want that day to come. The day I had to move out of this dorm. I mean, it's exciting and all moving out to a new dorm but I had already gotten accustomed to living with Seto.

I heard the lock unlock on the door and Seto came back.

"Hi Seto," I said with less 'feeling' than I anticipated.

"Hi," he simply replied, "What's up with you?"

"Huh?" I said as he pulled his desk chair over to mine, sitting on it backwards (I hope you know what I mean bc I do this all the time). "What do you mean?"

"You seem more down than usual," Seto said crooking his head to the left.

Sighing I said, "I don't even know anymore, it's just that... I've been getting a lot of animation commissions as well as drawings. It's stressing me the f*** out. And to add the Olympics and moving out to it.."

I broke.

Tears welded up in my eyes.
I know this is what life is in essence but I just haven't even gotten close to "getting used to it".
I've changed in so many ways possible, not knowing what life to pursue anymore.

Then I felt a cold hand against my cheek. He brushed away my tears of worry.
I heard his words of support but they weren't getting to me. A hug followed but it only felt like a squeeze. His head hung over my shoulder so I couldn't see his head.

Then it happened in an instant.

arifureta kanashimi
arifureta itami to
koboresouna namida koraete miru hoshi ha
itsumo yori mabushiku kagayaite ochisou da
watashi wo shizuka ni terasu keredo

(Translation:

Superficial sadness,
superficial pain.
The stars I see as I try to hold back my tears
shine brighter than before and feel like they'll fall...
yet they silently light over me. )

(The song that Seto sings should be attached if not it's called Arifureta Kanishimi no Hate, 0:47-1:22 for the part he sings)

Looking up in recognition of the song, I wiped my cheeks once again and opened my mouth.

dan dan kimochi ga
ochitsuiteku no darou
hikan ga sugite kimi mo satte
tooi kioku ni kawaru no ha itsu darou
jikan ha sugita kimi ha satta

toikake wo kurikaesu
heartbreak

(Translation 1:22-1:44 :

Sooner or later my feeling
will settle down... right?
Time has passed and you've gone away...
I wonder when this will be a distant memory?
Time has passed and you've gone away...

I continue to ask those questions.
heartbreak )

We sang the rest of the song in unison, all of the emotions spilling out into the air. The last note rang out and we both separated. I wiped the tears from his face and smiled. Because I knew that's what he'd want me to do. He did the same to me and smiled, because that's all I wanted from him.

I felt my heart pounding, not in the same way it does when I'm in SG. Not in a 'loving' way either. More like, 'I've finally found relief' kind of way.

Seto went into the bathroom without another word, prepping a shower for himself. I slid into my bed and stared at the ceiling.

"I wonder when this will be a distant memory.." I mumbled as I fell asleep.

<>

I shivered awake. A quick breeze flew over my face and I stared at my clock. 6:45 AM it read. I got up and looked around the room, as if I didn't know where I was. Seto was dead asleep and silence enveloped the entire room as well as the hallway. Well, other than the soft sound of his breathing. I changed, grabbed my bag, and left the dorm without a trace.

My destination was Gamers' Hall looking forward to it being quiet for once. I mean, it gets super loud there and I can't find any other time to find it quiet. Early in the morning on a Sunday? Yeah there shouldn't be anyone there.

And sure enough upon arrival there was no one there, but the doors were open for business.

"Score!" I half-whispered to myself and settled at my usual computer, the desk closest to the middle front of the room. Logging onto minecraft I took a deep breath and stretched my arms and legs. Practice was all I had to think about today, well other than eating how could I forget that?

<>

An hour passed by in what seemed like a minute. I counted up my wins and places.

"Hmm.. four first places out of ten games and three second places... not bad," I said to myself. I still had room to improve so I slipped my headphones back on and continued playing. Singing songs to myself I kept practicing, practicing, and practicing. Then someone knocked my headphones off my head.

"Hey!" I said harshly before realizing who it was.

"Yosh!" I heard before recognizing the face.

"Oh hi Seto!" I said as he took the seat next to me.

"Up early practicing?" He asked plugging in his headphones to the computer tower.

"Yeah, could never get enough practice plus it gets me up early for classes later today,"

"Don't push yourself too hard okay?" Seto said with a chuckle.

"I won't I won't,"

We played together until my extra classes. We exchanged laughs and vented to each other alike. Supporting each other as well.

As I left for my extra classes I told Seto, "You know I'm pretty dang happy I met you Seto."

Superficial sadness,
superficial pain.
The stars I see as I try to hold back my tears
shine brighter than before and feel like they'll fall...
yet they silently light over me.