year three- chapter thirteen

the next morning had came along. it has gotten much colder out as well.

i got ready and started to head to class. it was currently 12pm and we all had DADA.

i had simply made myself let go of the previous convo that i had over heard last night in the great hall.

me and draco walked side by side to the class. we were just talking about something random.

we had gotten closer over the past couple of weeks. not just more flirty but started to open up more.

i kept my personal stuff to myself though, no one really knew about my family except for the golden trio.

we made it to DADA and we walked into the class and sat down next to each other. "what do you think we'll be doing today?" i asked draco looking at him, my head was resting on the palm of my hand.

"i dunno, probably something random..i mean what do you think?" he asked me with a eyebrow raised. before i could answer, the door swung open and professor snape walked in.

we all had went silent as he walked up to the front of the room, shutting the curtains and windows on the way there.

"turn to page 394." he stated sternly. we did as we were told without a word until - "excuse me sir, where is professor lupin?" harry asked and snape glared at him.

"oh boy." i sighed - "that's not really your concern is it, potter. some might say your teacher is incapable of teaching at the present time. turn to page 394."

"wearwolves?" ron questioned- "but sir? we just started to learn about redcats and hinkypunks. we aren't suppose to start nocturnal animals for weeks." - "quiet."

i leaned over to draco, "she has a point." i whispered to him. luckily, snape did actually like me. i have no idea why but he had saved me from getting detentions or losing house-points at times over the past couple of years.

"where did she come from?" draco whispered back. "she's been here this whole time..draco baby are you going mental?" i asked in such a serious tone it almost made me laugh.

he rolled his eyes and looked the other way. i saw his cheeks turn a little pink as he did. "which one of you could tell me the difference between an animagus and a werewolf?"

while no one else answered, hermiones hand shot up immediately. i knew the answer but i chose to stay quiet. "no one..? how disappointing.."

"please sir, an animagus is a witch or wizard who elects to turn into an animal. a werewolf has no choice, when he transforms he has no remembrance of himself and who he is. he'd kill his bestfriend is they crossed paths."

draco howled in response and i whacked him with the side of my book to stop. "thank you mr malfoy for that demonstration." while snape was talking to hermione about her talking out of line, i was deep in thought.

why would we be learning about wearwolves? the only thing that i really know about them is the - "full moon!" a couple of heads had turned to me for my random outburst.

"what?" - "they turn when there's a full moon right?" "yes sophie - did you not know that? bloody idiot." for the second time, i had whacked draco again on the arm.

"ouch woman that hurts." and he rubbed his arm where i had smacked it. he had made a little swan out of paper and scribbled something on it and then put it on the palm of his hand, and blew on it, sending it to harry.

he had then made another one and handed it to me and had told me to open it later. i nodded and put it in my robe pocket.

snape had then told us we had two rolls of parchment due the next day that the quidditch game was.

i knew draco was going for seeker again this year and i told him i'd go watch him play, but when  harry brought it up snape got tight and told him no excuses.

-|-

i had two free periods and it was the last two periods of the school day so i had pretty much finished early. i knew draco had the last period off too, so just walked to the library.

i dug into the pocket of my robe and opened the little note draco had given me earlier.

astronomy tower tonight.
9pm don't be late loser
- d.m .                                

i smiled at the note and put it back in my robe. i wonder what he wanted to do later. i went to the library to start my assignment from snape and quickly got it done.

i remembered my thought from earlier about the full moon and i had thought about when lupin was in front of the boggart, but i could just be wrong. so i wasnt going to say anything.

just then i felt someone's lips on my cheek. i looked up quickly to make sure it wasn't some perv, but i was greeted with the blonde boy with a smirk on his lips.

"hello beautiful." - "i thought you had class?" - "well, im skipping. let's go." he said and picked my books up and grabbed my wirst to drag me back to the dungeons.

it was very rainy and stormy out. a lot of people were watching the quidditch game but i told my griffindor friends i'd stay here to catch up on some work. 

we made it to the dungeons and we were in the common room. draco was sitting in between my legs reading a book while i played with his hair.

if anyone was actually here we wouldn't be doing this. just then i heard him yawn and put his head on my leg.
"if you're tired we can go take a nap?" i suggested and he nodded.

he got up and helped me up as well, and started walking towards the boys dorms. i followed him into his room and he had shut the door behind him. i sat on his bed and made myself comfy as he did the same.

after just cuddling and enjoying each others presences i had heard faint snores from draco. his arm was behind my neck as my head was resting on his shoulder. my eyes as also started to get heavy.

he had taken on his school clothes and i had borrowed a shirt from him. our legs were intertwined with each other as well.

the question that was in my head though was 'what are we?' i needed to know so bad. we weren't just friends. friends don't just kiss or make out or give each other nicknames.

but we aren't dating, because i haven't heard the words 'sophie bloodshot will you do the honor of being my girlfriend.' out of his mouth yet. and we also only say we're friends.

so what are we?