year three- chapter seven

it was the next morning. i had gotten a good nights sleep minus what happened right before going to sleep;

~flashback

he walked back with me up to my dorm. before i opened the door i turned around to be face to face with him.

"goodnight draco." i said and before i turned around again, he grabbed my waist and pulled me in, and whispered ever so slightly, "sweet dreams sophie"
~~

moral of the story is, am i catching feelings or is this just a little fling thing? i went to the bathroom which pansy was in doing her makeup and daphne was changing by her bed.

i quickly peed and was chatting with daphne as we both got ready.

i threw on some light makeup and a couple of layers of mascara and fixed my hair really fast. i had a blow out look and it looked so pretty especially with the layers in my hair.

my hair has gotten way darker than usual but it happens during the fall and doesn't get lighter till mid spring to summer. i threw on my skirt and left a couple of buttons open on my white top and fixed my tie.

i put some black doc martin boots on to go with the whole fit and grabbed my satchel and tossed it over my shoulder and grabbed my wand and put it in my inner pocket of my robe.

we met the guys down in the common room before walking together to the great hall to eat breakfast.
"can you love birds be any slower?" pansy asked looking behind her to see me and malfoy walking behind the rest of the group.

"us? lovebirds? please as if." i said swatting my hand like she was crazy. "mhhhmmm" she said and rolled her eyes. we got to the great hall and we sat down in our usual spots.

"we've got to talk about you and and a certain blond boy later" pansy whispered in my ear. i nodded to her and she looked at daphne and gave a thumbs up.

i rolled my eyes and giggled. draco had looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "nothing" i said and he shrugged and went back to eating his pumpkin pancakes.

we enjoyed eating until we had to all split up to go to divinations. "see you guys later!" i said and me and draco split from the group. "draco." i said. looking at him. he looked back at me and smirked.

"i like that from you. draco. you never used to call me that." he said and looked forward again. he was right, i never called him draco, i would always call him malfoy or something random.

"sorry, did you like shorty better? because i can always go back to calling you- "im not the short one here am i, sophie?" he said stopping in his tracks and coming in front of me.

i looked up at him to meet his beautiful gray eyes. "i like coming from you. sophie. you never used to call me that." i smirked as i quoted his previous statement.

he rolled his eyes and had a faint smile on his lips. "lets go before we're late. short stack" he said and pulled my wrist to follow him quickly up the steps.

"i'm not that short!" i said and rolled my eyes at the comment.

-|-

i didn't even have to be in that class for 10 minutes to know it was the worst class to ever be in. like it was literally so boring. i sat with draco at the table next to harry and ron, but i sat the closet to them while draco sat on the other side.

ron and harry both waved at me and i smiled and returned the gesture. in the corner of my eye i saw draco roll his eyes. "i don't get why you're friends with them." he stated as he looked like he was going to burn a hole in the back of harry's head.

"stop it draco. they're both very sweet. i love them, they're my friends." i said rolling my eyes at him. honestly i wasnt going to deal with his shit if he was going to act like this.

"bloodly hell. and not only that, also the mudblood too right?" he states with with a smirk on his lips. "will you shut up? she's way smarter than you so let's be honest, you're not all that." i said getting now really annoyed.

he rolled his eyes in response and stayed quiet. the class went on as professor trelawney was telling everyone to broaden their minds and to go "beyond the future." i rolled my eyes thinking this class was very much stupid and i was falling asleep.

"what a load of rubbish." i heard next to me. i made eye contact with hermione and she had the same face as me and when we both realized we both giggled and she waved. i knew about her time turner.

before i left the griffindor common room the other day she had mentioned it and to keep it on the low.

i peered over to look at draco who had also the same bored expression on his face. i didn't pay much attention to him after that but i felt a small little kick under my chair.

when i didn't do anything, i felt my seat being moved in ease and not to my surprised i was now directly next to malfoy. his hand found mine and he took it and held it.

i smiled but quickly tried to stop myself. i looked over again at draco and this time he had a smile on his face too but not looking at me.

trelawney then asked neville about his grandmother. poor boy was now probably overthinking about her. "borden your minds" she said again walking to the table next to us which was harry, ron and hermione table.

"oh! ohh! your aura is pulsing dear. are you in the beyond?" she startled like half of the class asking ronald. "sure?" he said but it came out more like a question. "give me the cup, tell me what you see."

when ron explained what he saw, we all saw pure terror in the professors eyes. "my dear, you have... the grim." she says to harry. now poor harry was probably also terrified.

"the grin, what's the grin?" "the grim you idiot, not the grin. one of the darkest omen in our world. the omen of death."

"what the bloodly hell." draco mumbled as looked in my cup. the professor now walked up to our table and went to draco. she peered in my cup and again, let this giant yelp out. "my dear, this is far worse than the grim. you must be careful." she said now looking at me.

what the fuck did i have to do with this? i'm quite the opposite of harry, no drama and nothing actually major in my life, why would i have something worse than the omen of freakin death? draco looked at me and i looked back with equal worry.