year three- chapter twelve

we had gotten back from hogsmade and i saw the golden three and decided to spend some time with them.

we were strolling around the castle and we ended up wanting to hangout in the griffindor common room for a little.

"so are you going to tell me about malfoy?" hermione asked me raising an eyebrow and smirking at me. i blushed and rolled my eyes at her.

"yes yes, i'll tell you all about it later- oops" i had bumped into harry as me and hermione were walking behind the two boys.

"sorry harry"- "that's alright."- "what's going on?" "probably neville, forgot the password again." ron said and i giggled. "hey!" we turned around to be faced with neville.

"oops, sorry neville.." ron said, scratching the back of his head. gasps were heard and ginny, ron's little sister, had come down from the stairs. "no one is to go into the dormitories until fully searched." ron's older brother percy said. he was a perfect - and head boy.

"the fat lady she's gone!" she said. we all looked up to see big slashes in the painting where the fat lady is usually.

"that's alright, she wasn't a good singer anyways." ron said. "stop it ron this is no time to joke." hermione said sternly. chatter throughout the paintings were heard around the halls.

"calm down everyone, back to your common rooms" percy said. i looked over at the three of them. "bloody hell. first the stone, then the chamber, now sirius  black? what's next? someone finding out they're related to 'you know who?'" i joked and everyone rolled their eyes

"hello darlin'" both twins said as i stood next to them. "hello boys" i said and smiled. i stood in between them on the side of the stairs as people were saying to move.

we made a pathway for dumbledore to come up the stairs to take a look at the slashes. dumbledoors jaw hung open as he inspected the gashes.

he had told mr. flinch to get the ghost to check the paintings in the castle to find the fat lady. suddenly, flinch pointed at one of the paintings. "no need. the fat lady is there"

just then, everyone rushed up the stairs to see where the fat lady was. all was heard was percy yelling that he was head boy and to move. i giggled at the sight of everyone rushing and i just stayed with the twins.

the twins and i had gotten very close. they always looked out for me and they were like the older brothers i never had. they seemed to always protect me when i need it and i was grateful for them.

"dear lady- who did this to you?" she shook in fear and hid behind a cow. "eyes like the DEVIL he's got, and his soul as dark as his name. it's him headmaster! the one they all talk about. he's here, in the castle. sirius black!" she said and shrieked and hid behind the cow again.

gasps were heard and a sliver of fear had crept inside me. "hey what's up?" draco had appeared over my shoulder and wrapped a hand around my waist. "apparently sirius black is here" i said. his eyes went wide and then locked onto dumbledore.

"everyone, to the great hall!" dumbledore said, grabbing everyone's attention. we all started to go down the great hall and i walked down with draco.

we quickly stopped at the dungeons to change into more comfy clothes and then headed straight back to the great hall. everyone was sorted by house. i quickly found a sleeping bag and placed myself in it.

pansy and daph took the ones on my left and the boys in our group went on my right. draco was directly next to me though. everyone had settled down at this point and we were all trying to catch some sleep.

i turned around, trying to get comfortable but i had stopped because i felt the oh so familiar hand around me tugging me into the body it belonged to.

"oi, close your eyes and go to sleep." draco said tiredly, most likely half asleep. i just nodded and scooted into him more as i tried to quiet my mind.

time passed, it would have been maybe thirty to an hour long after everyone had fallen asleep, until the door opened.

i heard dumbledore and snape talking but they were quite far away at first. then, the footsteps got closer. something about harry being warned.

as soon as i started to fake sleep, which i was very good at for some reason, the footsteps had stopped by my sleeping bag.

draco was a little far away from me now, he just had a loose arm on me and my back was turned to him. "what about the girl, professor?" snape asked. i felt his stare burning into my head, as if it could create a mark.

"she should find out herself..who knows what might happen if the word gets out. word that could travel to him. she is safe here serverus. you keep an eye on her."

what? find out what? who what hello what? keep an eye on me? why are we keeping eyes on me? i dont like that. like at all.

"she looks like her mother." - "ah yes. liliane. my, she was bright witch. sophie is just like her in that aspect. i must say, she'll come to you when time is right and she'll tell you what is happening. all in time my friend." and the footsteps walked away.

i don't understand. my dead mother? who was my father? i should probably write to my "parents" in the morning to talk to them about this.

slightly shaking my head, i got comfortable back with malfoy and snuggled in closer and fell asleep. and to my very much surprise,

i had no nightmares.

~~~~~
i da think i went a tad bit out of order but its fine. these beginning chapters are mainly plot related but i have so many ideas, but i want sophie to be apart of the main stuff too. she'll def get her own problems but look at this chemistry 😏😏😏