year three- chapter nine

now waiting for harry to come back after hagrid had but him on buckbeak, we were all sitting around waiting. draco had come up and sat next to me now after me, pansy and daphne were done talking.

i was still tired from last night and i was literally fighting sleep. i looked at draco and he turned his head to meet my eyes and i just looked at him.

i was still a bit mad at him picking a fight with harry, but my tiredness was more important and i looked at his shoulder and i plopped my head on it.

just then i felt pansy whispering in my ear. "yeah, you don't like him right?" she said as i could pretty much HEAR the smirk in her voice. "nope, im just comfortable." i said without opening my eyes.

i was very peaceful and almost fully asleep, until my head was gently placed up and i was now leaning against the tree. i heard claps and i opened my eyes trying to adjust to the light.

draco had stood up looking at harry coming down from the gigantic bird. "well done harry! well done!" hagrid said patting him on the back. "you're not that scary are you, you great ugly brute." draco said walking up the bird confidently.

"draco you idiot." i said shaking my head. "malfoy don't!" hagrid said, trying to stop him from going closer.

buckbeak must have had taken offense to what malfoy said and he went on his hind legs and slashed draco on the arm.

and then, there was draco, whimpering like a literal child on the floor holding his arm in pain. i giggled from where i stood because i knew he was overreacting. how does this man go from being so... dominant? to a literal five year old??

i walked up to him and crouch down to inspect his arm. there was barely any blood on his white shirt but the fabric had ripped where buckbeak had scratch him.

"it's killed meh! it's killed meh!" he said repeatedly still rolling around in "pain". "calm down, it's just a scratch!" hagrid said reassuringly. "hagrid! he's needs to be taken to the hospital." hermione said walking up to us.

"right, very well." hagrid said and picked up draco. "sophie, go get draco's bag and come with me." he said. why am i always going with him? i rolled my eyes and walked back to the tree where we were sitting.

i took his bag and my friends gave an apologetic smile as i just shook my head in disbelief. i walked up behind them and all i heard was draco mumbling random things in pain. "just wait till my father hears about this."

-|-

"in my defense, you insulted him. he's kind of like you if someone insults you too." i said chucking at the boy in the hospital bed.

we had reached the hospital wing and madam promfrey had given him a small hand-made sling and some medicine.

he rolled his eyes and looked at the window. he looked very peaceful at the moment. obviously there was no one but me in there so is little mister "tough guy" persona wore off.

"you know you could be nicer to them." i said sighing. i took his hand in mine and he looked at me. "saint potter. thinks he can do everything and be the star of the show." he said, irritated.

i gave him a kiss on the cheek and stood up. he slightly blushed and smirked at me and also stood up. we had a little time before we had DADA and i wanted to get a quick snack.

"i want a little snack if you want to come." i said and put the on blazer i previously had on earlier. "do you like anyone, sophie?" he asked suddenly walking up to me.

his grey eyes not leaving mine. i didn't answer for a second. what do i even say to that? i mean we act like we are something but are we? it's probably to early to even tell.

"i'm not sure." i said breaking the eye contact. "well, when you do, let me know." he said and with that he threw his blazer over his shoulder and turned his heel to walk out the door.

i stood there processing what to even do next. "are you coming or what princess?" my heart literally was beating out of my fucking chest. i smiled and caught up to him and he smirked down at me, proud of the reaction he got out of me.

this was a shorter chapter but making up for it in the next one. also this is literally all in the same day plus the chapter before.. oops
also i got some good fillers i'll be using and i have so many ideas! comment some ideas here too that i could use 🤍