Five

After finishing his homework, Stiles was cooking dinner for him and Noah. A nice, healthy honey mustard chicken breast with brown rice and steamed broccoli. Followed by vanilla cream puffs for dessert. Stiles made enough to bring Scott and his mom some. Which he will drive over after he and Noah eats. It has become an almost nightly thing. Noah walks in as Stiles is finishing putting the cream puffs together. They sit and eat in silence. Afterward, Stiles does the dishes, then boxes up the rest to drive over to the McCall residence. Noah doesn't take leftovers for lunch, so Stiles doesn't worry about it.

During the drive, Stiles was going over his relationship with Noah and its recent tension. Noah had asked Stiles about future plans after high school but Stiles had no answer. The answer used to be at the tip of his tongue when Stiles was younger but now, not so much. Noah used to be Stiles' role model but that changed over the years after Claudia's death. Stiles began to see Noah was not as great a role model as one would think. Stiles felt there was a bit of darkness to Noah but could not fathom what it could be.

He was so engrossed in his head, Stiles didn't see the glowing, red eyes following him. The Alpha was curious about his new betas and how they are adapting to their new status as werewolves. Stiles has driven the route to the McCall household so much he could probably do it blindfolded. The muscle memory of every turn and stretch of road led Stiles to drive from home to Scott's without truly paying attention. Then without realizing it Stiles had pulled in front of Scott's house, parked in his normal spot, and walked up to the door. Stiles never bothers knocking and walks right into the house and drops the containers on the kitchen counter.

Stiles could hear Scott's heavy footfalls coming down the stairs knowing there would be, "Food!" Stiles snickered at his best friend's enthusiasm. Stiles plated Scott's food then smacked his hand away, "Leave some for mom." Scott wiggled his hand to quell the burning from the slap, "Okay, okay. Sheesh, you didn't have to slap so hard." Scott was only playing. This was a normal thing for the two of them. Stiles knew this but playfully growled anyway. After staring at each other for a few moments, they both burst out laughing. Scott almost choked on the food he had in his mouth which had Stiles laughing harder. And that's how Melissa found her two boys when she walked in from her shift at the hospital. She, too, sat down and enjoyed the delicious meal her honorary son cooked.

During the night, the red eyed alpha stalked two men through the woods. The men had swiped several bottles of liquor from the local shop and had already drained three between the both of them. Both stumbled their way further into the woods to a campsite they had claimed, neither noticing they were being watched. One of the guys almost crashed into the barrel fire they had built earlier as he threw in some more wood reigniting the blaze. The sound of the crackling fire did nothing to hide the intense angry growl of the alpha.

They turn toward the direction the growl came from, "What was that?" "I don't know. A wild animal? We are in the woods," The other says. "Nothing around here sounds like that," The man standing next to the fire barrel keeps trying to see what made the noise. His friend was standing on the other side of the barrel before he was snatched up into the trees by the alpha, "AAHHH!" "Barry!" Spinning around to face where his friend had stood and saw he was gone. Another scream is heard from above in the trees before dying down to nothing but gurgles and gasping.

Mark keeps looking for whatever took his friend but can't seem to find anything. It was at this moment, the Alpha tackles Mark to the ground. Mark gets a good look at the creature pinning him to the ground. The Alpha is soaked in blood with a psychotic smile and murderous madness in his eyes. The Alpha roars in Mark's face causing the man to scream and soil himself. The man is then lifted from the ground and shoved head first into the burn barrel where he struggles as he's burned alive.