Chaper 17: lets dance

Velvets POV:

Yesterday was actually a good day. I was expecting it to be okay or honestly horrible, I thought something would go wrong at Orchids house or it just would be awkward but it was actually fun. I love Penelope, her parents were sweet and I had Orchid with me the whole day. I let my thoughts take over me as I continued my makeup. It was still early in the morning so there wasn't much else I could do yet.

We have a party later. It's not gonna be a normal party where you go and fuck around, I think, it's a party only for celebrities, we're meant to dress formally. I've never been to one but I've heard about them. They have drinks and lots of loud music, people dance, and there's also food and stuff there. It's not gonna be all that though, there's gonna be a lot of talking, toast-making, and announcements happening there. I'm excited but also not excited.

I wonder if we're allowed to bring a person along with us. I'm pretty sure Maddie Tae is bringing her boyfriend, so it should be okay if I bring Orchid, right? I stood up and walked away from my vanity and went over to my closet. What should I wear today? I think hard to myself as I go through my choices of good outfits. I ended up going with a white long-sleeve shirt and some flared leggings.

A few minutes fly by and I walk out to the living room. Veneer was already out and ready for the day. He was just chilling on the couch. I snuck up behind him and watched his phone as he scrolled through TikTok not knowing I was there. "Whatcha watching?" I say and he jumps. "Gosh velvet what the hell." He said with a voice where you could hear I scared him. I laughed and walked over to the cabinets and fridge to make cereal.

"You ready for the party later?" I asked as Veneer went back to the position he was in earlier before I scared him. "Yeah." He said and continued watching his phone. "You don't need any help planning an outfit?" I asked, he kept his gaze on his phone. "No." He said and I rolled my eyes. "Are you talking to Ritz or something?" I asked confused as to why he was so attached to his phone at the moment. He's never like that unless talking to Ritz or something. "Noooo?" He said and I knew he was lying because he had a massive smile and I could hear him tapping his phone screen repeatedly, and he made it obvious by the way he said it.

"Mhm." I hummed and finished making my food, I sat down at the table and looked out the window. The sky was dark and the wind was slightly blowing. It looked like a storm was coming.

"Are you gonna take Ritz with us to the party?" I asked. "Can I?!" He said and sat up with a hint of excitement. "I don't know, maybe. Other people are bringing a tag along so I would assume we can too." I say and he kicks his feet excitedly before he went back to his phone. I guess he's gonna ask him. I should probably ask Orchid to go with me too. I grabbed my phone and pulled up our messages.

I got Deja Vu from when I was back in high school. I remember going to school dances and asking people to go with me. I never got rejected but every time I asked I was still nervous out of my skull. Surprisingly.

Orchid❤️❤️

"Hey, wanna be my date
to the celeb party later?"

I waited a few minutes before Turning my phone off. She didn't answer right away so she has to be in bed still. I finished eating and I went and cleaned my bowl and spoon. I went back and grabbed my phone seeing she had texted me back.

"Of course! What time?" She asked me and I sent her the details. I smiled as I texted her. "Are you texting Orchid?" Veneer asked with a smug look on his face. "Shut up dick sucker." I say and start walking to my room. I see Veneer hold his hands up in a guilty way. I gagged as I walked passed him.