Chapter 7: Crush

Velvets POV

the show was now finished and I was sitting backstage waiting for Veneer to come back from meeting up with his interviewer crush. I sat down on a spiny chair. I pulled out my phone and found many videos of our concert were blowing up. Videos of the songs, us dancing, and some of me and Veneer giving out those roses. I felt my face heat up as I tapped the video to watch it. My breathing sped up as I watched myself give the beautiful girl the rose. Then I replayed the video, then again. And maybe another time. My eyes widened and I hid my phone screen on my chest.

What am I doing?! I start cold sweating and biting at my lips. Why am I acting like this? This is not normal for me! I stand up and start to pace around the room. The only thing I could think of was that girl. She was genuinely gorgeous and the way she acts gives off very sweet. I just feel like I'm pulled or tied to her some way and I've never felt like that for someone before. Fuck, what the hell is happening. Should I talk to Veneer about this?! No, I can't! Well, maybe I can? I'll just text him to 'Hurry up.'

There has to be a reasonable explanation for why I'm feeling this. Wait, what if I..

"Velvet!" I hear a girl yell and my eyes widen. I turned around in a flash and saw 2 guards trying to pull that girl out from backstage. The guards grabbed at her arms and yanked her back. That hurts her, they are hurting her. I feel myself start to get hot.

"Hey! Let her go." I demand and my voice sounded deeper and angrier than I've heard in a while. What am I doing? I walk over closer and the guards drop her and she falls to the ground. I look at them with a disgusted face. "Go, shoo!" I say and motion with my hands for the guards to leave.

Oh my fuck, now I'm alone with this girl. She looked up at me still on the floor and my heart started racing.

"Here, are you okay?" I ask and give her a hand to help her up. "Yes!" She said and latched onto me and hugged me tight. "Woah there!" I say and laugh. I wrap my arms around her waist. "I'm so happy to finally meet you! I've been a big fan ever since you first released Watch Me Work! I was one of your first views." She said flexing about being one of our first views and pulled away from the hug. I smile at her and start feeling sappy.

"Aw, that's so sweet." I say and you can tell she had a lot of balled-up energy by the way she was moving. "You're 18, and I'm 18 too! Wanna be friends?" She says energetically and I just laugh to myself as she's very enthusiastic. "Of course." I say and her eyes light up. "OMG!" She squealed and ran around in circles. "I'm Orchid!" She said and held out her hand for me to shake.

I grab her hand. "Well, it's very nice to meet you, Orchid." I say and bow down and kiss her hand. I could tell she was holding back her screams. She's honestly super adorable and sweet. Okay, I think I actually do, like, her. Wait WHAT?! Thinking about it is making me realize more and more that I probably do but this is crazy! I only just met this girl! And I've only ever liked a girl once before and it didn't feel this intense!

"So, can I get your number?" I ask without thinking. "Yes!" She said and told me her number as I put it into my phone. I sent her a random letter, "Did you get that?" I asked and she said. "Yeah."

I held my phone till I felt it vibrating. I look at it, "shit. I accidentally just called Veneer." I say and hang up before he can answer. We laugh and speak up. "Well, I should probably go. My friend Ritz is waiting for me." She says. "Wait your friends with that interviewer kid too?" I ask. "Yeah?"

"Veneer is like, totally obsessed with him. It's so gross it's kinda cute. I've never seen him act like such a lovey-dovey mess before." I say and put my hand on my hip. "No way! Are you serious?!" Orchid asks and puts her hands up a bit. "Dead ass." I respond. "Ritz is overly obsessed with him too! He talks about him nonstop and ever since they've become friends they are always talking. It's like what you said, so gross that it's cute." She said and laughed. I just smiled at her.

"Well, I'll see you around." She said and hugged me tight again. Her arms around my neck. I could get used to this. I thought and hugged her back.

She looked at me, then kissed my cheek?! Then in a quick second she was gone. My hand rises and covers my mouth. I fight the urge to scream.

Veneers POV:

I walked down the halls till I got backstage once more. I walk till I see Velvet standing still. "Vel?" I said confused she turned around and her face was very red and there was a kiss mark from lipstick on her cheek. Oh my god. I say and roll my eyes. Wait, OH MY GOD?!

"Velvet?! What happened?! Who kissed you?!" I say confused and get closer to her to view the mark. "Nobody." She said and sounded so, in love? I give her a knowing smirk and she rolls her eyes. She looked like she just had the best moment of her life. "Fine, don't tell me!" I say and walk away knowing she'd say something. "Augh! Wait! It was that really pretty girl. You know the one I gave the rose to!" She said and spinned till she flopped down onto a chair. "Orchid?" I say surprised. Ritz just told me about her and that she had a crush on Velvet. "Yeah, how'd you know her name?" She asked confused as she took selfies with the kiss mark. "Ritz told me about her coming to see you, or trying to come anyway. Didn't think she'd actually make it back here." I say and Velvet just leaves me on heard.

I grab our stuff and go up to her. "Come on. Let's go home." I say and she wobbles up. Then it hit me. Earlier is when she saw orchid for the first time. She had to of fallen for her looks then and her personality now.

"So, do you think you have a crush on Orchid?" I ask. "Nope." She said and it sounded like she was lying but I wasn't gonna keep going on about it. She obviously does.

1169 words