Chapter 10: Sleepover Fun

Me and Ritz ran out of the house and into his car. He also drove Orchid here so I guess Velvet will have to take her home or something. We hop inside the car and I sit on the passenger side. "Go before Velvet sees we're missing!" I say and Ritz starts the car fast while both of us are having fits of laughter. "She's gonna be so pissed we didn't tell her!" Ritz says and I laugh. "Hell yeah." I agree.

"I didn't even notice he was gone. I mean, once I did though I was feeling something but honestly, that was probably cause all the drinks I had. Plus I knew he was with his interviewer boyfriend so I couldn't really give a shit." - Velvet

We pulled out of the driveway and started driving down the road. "What do you wanna do tonight?" Ritz asks and I try not to laugh for how wrong that sounded. "I don't know, what you tryna do?" I ask and he looks over to me with wide eyes for a slit second. "I wasn't trying to make that sound like that." He said and I laughed. "I know." I say and think.

"Oh! Can we go to Walmart? I have the best idea!" I say and Ritz smiles while keeping his eyes on the road. "Of course" he says and starts driving to the nearest Walmart.

....

"So what did you wanna get here?" Ritz asked as we walked into the Walmart. "Just come on!" I say and grab Ritz's hand. He laughed as I pulled him down the store and to random aisles. "Where the fuck are we?" I say and look around. "Looks like we're in the technology section. Where are you trying to go baby?" He asks and I get a massive amount of butterflies.

"T-The clothing sections." I say and the hand he was holding starts sweating. "Oh, that's over here." He says and pulls me behind him over towards the middle of the store. I just smile lovingly at him while he drags me throughout the store.

It's almost midnight so I'm surprised the store is still open and I'm also surprised that there are some people in here. It's not as crowded as it usually would be, only a person here and there. We find the clothes section and I lead the way trying to find what I'm trying to find. "What are you looking for?" He asks me and I quickly turn around and pull his face close to mine. "Pajamas, we need matching pajamas!" I say and he smiles and kisses me quickly. "Get away from me! We're in public you know!" I say and he laughs. "No ones watching, and your the one who's been holding my hand the whole damn time!" Ritz says and I roll my eyes and grab his hand again. "Whatever, come on." I say and drag him over to the pajamas.

"Which ones do you like?" I ask, "I like them all, and even if I didn't I'd still wear them you're the only one who would ever see it anyway. Maybe Orchid or Velvet if I were to stay at your house which I couldn't care less about." He says and I just listen. "No way!" I say and yank Ritz over to where I saw Hello Kitty pajama pants. "They have Hello Kitty!" I say and hold up a pair to show him and he looks up at me. "We have to get them." He said and found a pair in his size. "Obviously!" I say and kick my feet excitedly.

"Okay, is there anything else you wanna get?" Ritz asks and I stand there and think for a second. "We should bake cookies. Do you have the ingredients to do it?" I ask. "Yeah." He answers. "Oh! Take me to the place where cookie cutouts would be." I say and we start walking, well I follow behind him since I obviously have no clue where the hell I'm going. I run up closer to him and grab his hand, interlocking our fingers like they were before. He glanced over to me and I gave him a big smile and he just squeezed my hand.

"What shape do you want?" He asks me as we walk down a row of cutters. "Do you see anything that goes with fall or Halloween?" I ask and look too. "There's only Pumpkin ones." He says and grabs one. "Damn." I say and grab the cutter, "It will work though." I say and he nods.

We walk up to the cashier still unknowingly hand in hand. The cashier was a middle-aged woman. "Wait, aren't you that superstar? Veneer?" The woman asks as we place our things down to buy. "Yeah, I am." I say and flip my 'long hair' off my shoulder to be funny. She laughed a little bit. "My daughter's a huge fan of yours." She says and puts things in bags. "Aw, that's so sweet." I say and she smiles. "Your total is $29.70," she says.