Part Thirty Two

A/N Sorry at yet another delay. Hectic times. Promise there'll be a few quick chapters as compensation. Mzxxx

Chapter Thirty Two

Coop opened his eyes, suddenly aware of a lissom body draped around him, over him, in him. Every sense was overwhelmed by her smell, taste, touch, and as he focussed on her full lips and soft curves, her looks were added to the list. Then the faint buzzing sound breached his mind and he realised that once again he was being woken, this time by the vibration of his phone. Peeling her from him with the utmost care, not wanting to disturb her, he slipped out of bed.

Picking up the phone from the pocket of his jeans, he glanced at the screen, six thirty, too early to wake her, she NEEDED her sleep after the night they'd had. Grabbing a pair of boxer shorts, he tiptoed out of the room, connecting the call once he reached the door to the veranda. He knew that it was Detective Sharp; he recognised the number from the card the officer had given him the previous day.

But was it good news? There was a heaviness in his chest at the thought.

"Cooper? It's Sharp here. We found Parsons, he was renting a room in a motel downtown, tried lying low, but we got him. Also his wife...she was found. Apparently she left town to wait for him, they were in on some kind of scam. We're questioning him now to get the details, and he's been squealing like a baby since he came in. Only a matter of time till we get to the bottom of it."

Coop felt the tension leave his body in waves, an anticlimax of sorts, but one filled with relief. "Wow. Do you need us back in town?"

"No, we've got your statement, I'll call you if we need anything more, we'll update when we know anything more and catch up when you get back to town?"

"Excellent."

Silence followed the end of the call, REAL deep silence. He could see smoke rising from the trees along the coast, someone camping out, maybe some youngsters on their first trip into the outdoors having an al fresco breakfast. He sighed, it was divine here, he had forgotten just how great when he'd been deep in his grief and the recovery from that. He'd spent months barely opening his eyes, hiding from life in the depths of the cabin, and he'd probably still be there if his godfather hadn't died and he hadn't inherited the bar and warehouse. Since then, this waterside place had been synonymous with all he'd lost, but suddenly, like an injection of fresh air, she had changed all that. Freya.

He thought back to the night that had passed, he'd thought he'd experienced heaven with Freya back in St John's, but the previous night...his body tensed at the memories. Her diving under the covers and devouring him with her mouth was only the start of things. She proved time over that she needed no instruction, no guidance when it came to tying him up in knots figuratively. And her confidence was growing with every moment.

With a sigh he headed back inside. As he re-entered the bedroom he met Freya's sleepy eyes.

"You ok?" her voice was hoarse from sleep, her hair spread across the pillows, she was more than an inviting sight.

He nodded, as he opened his mouth to explain about Simon, she patted the mattress beside her and gave him the hottest, most promising look that he'd ever seen, and suddenly Simon was a million miles from his mind. Collapsing beside her, the words were lost on his lips as she pounced on him.

An hour later, or was it two, he felt completely ravaged. And starving. Glancing down he looked at the top of Freya's head and smiled, she was amazing. Sliding out from under her, he moved into the bathroom. He needed a shower, then breakfast, both were essential. Now that Simon was caught he presumed they'd be heading back to deal with it; something that saddened him, he had been looking forward to several days exploring with Freya.