[31.] Award Show Attendance

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

"Ah! Ah, you're hurting me!"

Dao pried Soobin's nails out of her arm with a hiss of pain. She rubbed where there were now little crescent moon-shaped indentations in her skin.

"Sorry," Soobin apologized sheepishly.

Dao couldn't really blame him too much, he was having a fanboy moment right now. They were attending 2019's MAMA and currently BTS were doing an intro before their real performance started. To be fair, Dao was just as excited and eager to watch the show as her leader but now the stinging pain in her arm was dulling it a bit. She massaged her skin a bit more before subtly scooting closer to Beomgyu. She then paid full attention back to the stage in front of them.

The intro finished and BTS appeared as music flooded in. Dao instantly recognized the song and her eyes instinctively sought out Jin. She watched the performance attentively, amazed by her seniors and in awe of her boyfriend as he sang and danced.

Dionysus was definitely one of their more difficult songs, especially physically challenging. When it finished they sat down at the long table, breathing heavily and sweating but somehow still looking ethereal in every single way. 

Dao took notice of the other members, but her attention kept being drawn back to Jin. She swore he even did the most dangerous thing by darting his eyes around the crowd watching them and locking his gaze with hers. It was barely even five seconds but it felt like a lifetime. The stage lights went off and darkness saved the two's secret interaction.

"Wow, they were amazing," Yeonjun praised.

"They must be tired," Taehyun sympathized.

"It was great," Soobin said.

"Noona, isn't Dionysus one of your favorite songs?" Beomgyu asked, remembering a conversation from when they were all still trainees.

"No, noona's favorite is Blood, Sweat, & Tears," Kai corrected, grinning at the mindblowing performance.

"Hm," Dao hummed before smiling and clapping. "I like both."

"My favorite Bangtan song is Whalien 52," Soobin interjected.

"We know," his members sighed in exasperation. Yeonjun and Dao shared a look before laughing, which made Soobin roll his eyes at them.

"Look! Look!" Yeonjun pointed out excitedly. "It's Ateez! Wooyoung-ah is going to dominate the stage. Sannie too."

Dao smiled turning her attention to the stage where Ateez's leader, Kim Hongjoong, walked onto the stage with a mic in one hand and a flag in the other. He had a fur coat on and Dao had to admit their performance already looked promising without having even properly started yet.

BTS returned from their own performance and sat down somewhere behind and to the right of TXT. They honestly looked ready to go home but at the same time, they respected the other groups who still had to perform. 

Dao didn't make it obvious as she glanced behind and to the side of her pretending to look at the camera that showed up on the big screen. She caught sight of Jin sitting beside Namjoon, his hair damp from sweat and his collar and shirt cuffs unbuttoned. He looked unfairly handsome. He must've sensed Dao wanting his attention because his gaze found hers. He wanted to smile so badly but refrained himself. She wanted to smile too but remembered not to. The contact broke and they focused back on the performance in front of them.

Ateez had mixed their Wonderland song with BTS's Blood, Sweat, & Tears. Dao couldn't help but sing along to the lyrics. Wonderland was her favorite Ateez song while Blood, Sweat, & tears was no surprise her number-one BTS song for very obvious reasons.