[10.] Jin's Birthday

CHAPTER TEN

It had been three months now since Dao moved to Korea. In that time, she'd passed her audition, joined an all-boy group, and been on multiple secret dates with BTS's Jin. Though nothing really happened on those dates besides talking. Dao and Jin's relationship was slow-moving but more meaningful than most.

It was the 3rd of December and in less than a minute it would be the 4th. Dao was lying in her bed while her roommates all soundly slept. She had her phone above her head as she texted Jin a happy birthday just as the clock struck twelve.

WWH Jin

- hey, World Wide Handsome...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Two minutes later, Jin replied to her.

- you do realize it just means
I'm another year older than you, right?

- you're so obsessed with age!
oppa, you still look young!!!!
and you're still ridiculously handsome!!

- of course i am...
i'm the only World Wide Handsome!

- don't worry, i'll catch up to you soon
our birthdays are only a month
and a few days apart anyway

- now who's obsessed with age?
are you worried if we're any more years apart....
i'll call you a kid again??

- 😒😬

- kid... KID... kid!!

- oppa!
😭😭
don't tease me!

- 😸😸😜
it's fun

- btw...
what are you doing for your birthday?

- probably a VLive
why??

- because i have a surprise for you
i'll text you later
get some sleep

- why because at my age i need it?!

- something like that...
😝

- 🙀😾🤬

- 😘😉go to sleep World Wide Handsome

Dao clicked her phone off with a smile on her face.

***

"What nonsense! Wishing me a happy birthday and then calling me old," he muttered.

Jin sat up in his bed with his back against the wall. He didn't even think Dao would realize it was his birthday let alone stay awake to wish him as the clock struck midnight. She was probably tired from training, but she still did it. Without knowing it a smile was on his face and his ears were turning red.

How cute, he thought. Dao was really cute...

Jin wondered what the surprise from her was going to be. It actually made him nervous to think about it.

***

Later that day after the two woke up, they had completely different schedules. Dao had dance practice, Korean lessons, and vocal training while Jin and BTS had a photo shoot and then Jin's birthday live.