[20.] The Interesting Dinner

CHAPTER TWENTY

Later that day after Dao finished up practice with TXT, she was bracing herself for what was to come. She invited BTS to dinner. She was a little overwhelmed and a lot shy this morning so she didn't even think the words through as they came out of her mouth. Though she reminded herself that Jin would be there and immediately she calmed down.

"I'm tired, I don't feel like cooking," Yeonjun complained. He turned to look at Dao as she gathered up her stuff to leave. "Noona, cook for us."

"You know I can't cook, Yeonjunie," she told him with a smile. "Also, what have I told you about calling me noona?" Dao asked and lightly pinched Yeonjun's arm. He yelped in surprise and rubbed at the spot out of pain. "Besides, even if I could cook, I can't. I'm busy."

"With what?"

Dao put a finger to her lips. "Shh! It's a secret," she giggled. "I'll tell you later, okay?" she reassured him and Yeonjun only nodded.

He was curious and he had the feeling that Dao might be dating someone but he wasn't going to call her out like that. They were friends and band members, and whatever it was it was still her life. It's not like he was her dad to stop her from doing these things, especially since she worked harder than the rest of them to keep up with everything.

"Don't come back too late," he warned her.

Dao nodded and gave him a quick hug. "I won't."

***

When she got to the apartment she got changed just as Jin showed up. Dao opened the door for him and smiled. Jin mirrored her expression and kissed her forehead. He set the groceries he'd brought with him down on the kitchen counter.

"Why did you invite them to dinner?" Jin asked with a sigh as he turned back around to face his girlfriend. Dao only shrugged. "Do you know how annoying they're going to be? They're going to ask so many questions!"

"Calm down," she laughed at him and took his hand in hers. "I should be the one who's nervous. These are your members, after all. If they don't like me it's over. I'm screwed."

Jin chuckled at her choice of words. He pulled her closer to him and wrapped his arms around her tightly. Dao was surprised by the sudden affection but she wasn't complaining. She rested her head against Jin's chest and happily listened to his heartbeat.

"They're definitely going to like you," he reassured her. "Besides, even if they don't it's their own problem, not mine. I like you very, very much."

Dao smiled giddily at his confession but mostly at the comfort he was trying to bring her.

"I like you very, very much too."

Jin couldn't explain the way his heart was fluttering at that. The fact that Dao was more worried about BTS liking her because of Jin and not just because they were BTS. She was nervous because she didn't want him to have to side with the one and potentially lose the other. It honestly only made him fall in love with her even more.

"I'll start dinner," he said after a minute of nothing but comfortable silence between them.

"Can I help?" Dao asked.

"Probably better if you didn't, jagi," Jin told her but when he realized what he said he nervously laughed. Dao smiled expectantly at him but just to tease him. She knew she was god-awful when it came to cooking. "You can sit here and watch me cook," Jin said and suddenly picked Dao up by her waist. She yelped in surprise before finding herself sitting on the counter beside the stove.