[26.] Back Home In Seoul

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

They'd just gotten off the plane back in Seoul. Honestly, Korea was starting to feel like home now to Dao. She was happy to be back and out of the States. It was fun and a thrilling experience but TXT was tired. They wanted nothing more than to sleep the next few hours away before their schedule of dance practice and photo shoots drowned them again.

The six were exiting the airport, Soobin and Yeonjun taking the lead with Beomgyu and Taehyun in the middle and Kai and Dao behind them. They were a little surprised to see how much their return was anticipated, not only by reporters and the media but by Moa too. Their fans stood off to the side trying to grab their attention. Calling out their names and waving posters excitedly. Some of them had their phones and cameras out to capture the moment.

Dao guessed that the longer TXT did their thing and the bigger they got, this would become even more of a reoccurrence. Just like it was for every other well-known group in the industry. And when that happened it might get a bit overwhelming and even irritating. But for now, with Moa being calm and respectful it was the happiest surprise for the members of TOMORROW X TOGETHER.

Dao stopped walking for a minute, putting her arms over her head and showing their precious fans a heart. She heard excited screaming and saw bright smiles. They really made her day, no matter how tired she was and how much she missed Jin.

"Dao! Dao!"

"Unnie!"

"Noona, I love you!"

"Dao unnie, you're so pretty!"

"Yeonjun oppa!"

"Soobin hyung!"

"Beomgyu, you're so cute!"

"Taehyunie!"

"Kai! Hueningkai, you're my bias!"

"Omo, they're so sweet," Dao murmured, showing Moa's finger hearts and a heart with her hands.

"Noona, did you hear that? I'm someone's bias," Kai grinned brightly.

Dao smiled at him, wrapping her arms around his shoulders from behind and walking when he walked. Flashing lights captured the moment but Dao wasn't clinging to the maknae for attention but because he was so cute and happy. Kai had a tendency to keep most things to himself, he was always ready to help and do his best but he rarely showed the raw emotions of what he was really feeling and thinking. He was either vulnerable in a soft moment or breaking down silently. So seeing Kai be this happy made Dao happy too.

"Come on, let's get in the car," their manager instructed.

"When do we have to be back at the company?" Soobin asked, stepping aside so his members could climb inside the black car first.

"Tomorrow morning, you can rest and recuperate first," their manager reassured. "You did well. All of you. Especially you, Soobin-ssi."

"I didn't do anything," Soobin dismissed.

"Our leader's the best," Dao said, wanting to boost Soobin's confidence. 

He was a good leader. He was a great, caring, and supportive leader. He needed to be reminded constantly because he was insecure about it, thinking he was never doing enough for his members or not doing a good enough job in general. But he was and Dao was his personal reminder of that.

Soobin smiled at the oldest member, letting her go on her tippytoes and ruffle his hair before falling back to her original height.

"Noona," Taehyun said, getting out of the car and holding a blanket up in front of her skirt so that nothing inappropriate was seen or captured on camera.